29.

May 9th 2008 (continuation)

.

Harry shoved his hands deep into his pockets, his eyes worriedly scanning the crowd for the particular feathery-haired boy he'd arrived with.

After putting their coats away, the two had made their way into the school gym, where the music was playing loudly and the rest of their 12-year-old classmates were dancing.

The girls were dressed in a whirl of different colours, and the boys in their smart looking suits, and Harry was caught up in the chaos. He'd never liked crowds, and having all these kids around him, not to mention the loud music and manic atmosphere, he wasn't particularly comfortable.

Louis had gone to get another drink, leaving Harry off to the side of the gym alone, and really, Harry just wanted him back in his arms.

No one had paid them any attention, which Harry supposed was a good thing. He didn't want anyone to think they were weird because they were two boys, and neither of them had brought a girl as a date.

"Hi Harry!" Harry looked up to see a group of girls walking past him, one of them he recognized as a girl in his class. She was wearing a lovely blue gown, but when he looked at her, all Harry could think of was the colour of Louis' eyes, not the girl in the dress.

"Hi Em." He answered with a small smile and a little wave. She giggled and walked away with her friends, and Harry wasn't sure what she found funny about him saying 'Hi'.

"Flirting already, Styles?" Harry turned around to find Louis grinning as he stepped closer, pressing a light kiss to his cheek. "Here, I got you one too."

"Thanks." Harry grinned back, and Louis handed him the cup and wrapped his spare arm around Harry's waist. "And I wasn't flirting."

"I know." Louis nodded, pecking Harry's nose before he took a sip of his drink, Harry doing the same. "Having fun, love?"

"Yeah," Harry nodded, breaking off when a new song started playing. "Oh I love this song!"

Harry put his and Louis' cup down on the table beside them and took his boyfriend's hands, pulling him towards the dance floor while Girlfriend by Avril Lavigne filled their ears.

"Hey, hey, you, you, I don't like your girlfriend." Harry sang as he started to dance, a huge smile on his face "No way, no way, think you need a new one."

"Hey hey, you, you, I should be your girlfriend." He continued jumping around while Louis watched his fond eyes. Harry was amazing.

So Louis chuckled and stepped forward, leaning close to Harry's ear. "You're already my girlfriend, baby." He joked, and Harry jokingly pushed him away with a loud laugh.

"I'm not a girl, Lou!" He pouted. "Gross."

"But you are mine." He continued, his hands resting lightly on Harry's hips.

"I am." He agreed, and more than anything, Harry wanted to kiss him under the lights and the disco ball, but they were surrounded by their classmates, and really, it wouldn't be such a good idea.

For a second, it was just the two of them, and Harry had to physically fight the urge to wrap his arms around Louis' neck.

Louis smiled, and let go of him, not wanting to cause any suspicion, as they continued dancing.

As Louis watched Harry twirl happily, it became more and more obvious. Louis was in love with this boy. Completely, inextricably, perfectly, wonderfully in love with Harry Styles.