14.

After their food came, the boys stopped talking altogether and ate hungrily. It was a much-needed fry-up after their big night the previous night.

However, the entire time, Harry felt very uncomfortable. Partially because of the literal pain in his ass, and partially because of the way Louis had been treating him.

He honestly thought that the boy had been warming up to him again, and that there was a possibility of them being friends in the future, but apparently now that was never going to happen.

At the water park, they were at least talking and beginning to get along, and at the party, everything was going perfectly, but now it was ruined. Louis wanted nothing to do with him.

Which honestly made Harry really upset, considering their past. They had been though their entire childhoods together and had been best friends who shared everything at one point, so it was sad to see what it had come to.

When they'd finished eating, they paid the bill and stayed in the booth, laughing and joking around like the friends they were.

"I have a paper due tomorrow that I haven't started yet." Niall sighed, resting his chin in his hand as he grimaced. "I don't want to do it, but I probably should."

"Yeah, I'm meeting up with my group later on today for a presentation we're doing later this week." Liam added. "I feel your pain, buddy."

Louis just laughed and leant back, resting his hands behind his head.

"Well," he smirked. "I don't have to do shit today. Suckers."

Niall rolled his eyes as Liam chuckled, but it was only out of jealous for the boy. They were all laughing, even Harry cracked a smile at Louis' beautiful laugh, when Harley came back over to their table, this time with a jacket over her shoulders.

"Maybe you should work then." She joked, having heard the end of their conversation as she shoved Louis over, sitting in the booth next to him as she stole a chip from Louis' plate and a sip of his drink too.

"Yeah right, its my day off." Louis chuckled. "You done for the day?"

"Yeah." Harley nodded in relief. "I only had the morning shift."

"Well that's good." Niall piped up with a grin, staring at the girl as she blushed lighty and smiled back. "Anything else on for the rest of the day?"

"Not really." She shook her head, their eyes never breaking as the other boys caught onto the tension in the air. "Probably study, to be honest."

"Same!" Niall exclaimed, and Liam and Louis had to hold back their laughs while Harry smiled and bit his lip at Niall's enthusiasm. "I was thinking of heading to the library in a bit, want to join?"

"Sure." Harley nodded with a smile. "I'll have to go back to my room and change, grab my things, and then we can go?"

"Yeah." Niall nodded too. "Just text me and I'll meet you there."

"Okay." Harley smiled again, before turning to Louis who was nearly bright red from holding in his bursts of laughter at Niall's attempt at asking her out. "I'll see you tomorrow?" She asked Louis. "You're working, yeah?"

"Yeah." He answered with a light chuckle, wiping his eyes a little bit as he turned to hug her. "See you later, love."

Harley waved goodbye and left the diner, and Harry felt a pang in his chest at the way Louis called her 'love'. He didn't even know why, it just hurt a little.

So Harley left, and Niall sighed.

"Got yourself a date there, hey Nialler?" Louis smirked, and Niall blushed.