17.

For the first time in a long time, Harry actually slept soundly that night. He didn't have any nightmares, and actually woke up with a smile, feeling refreshed.

However, the sound that woke up him was slightly irritating. Someone was knocking at the door, and Harry really would have liked it to stop, considering it was 7:30am.

He rubbed his eyes and stretched, looking over at Niall who was sleeping like a log, before kicking the blankets off his legs and getting out of bed.

He went over to the door, ran a hand over his hair before he sleepily took a long breath, and opened the door.

"Hel- Louis." Harry smiled when he saw his friend standing on the other side of the door, and then turned red because he realized he was in his underwear. "H-Hi."

He half hid behind the door as Louis grinned back at him, holding in a laugh at Harry's embarrassment.

Only the younger boy's head was showing around the corner of the door, his messy hair in his face and his cheeks pink, which Louis secretly thought looked adorable.

As a complete opposite, Louis was fully dressed, hair done and all, and looked perfect, which only made Harry feel even more embarrassed.

"Hey." Louis smiled, so Harry smiled back.

"Hi." Harry breathed again, and Louis laughed.

"You already said that." He chuckled, and Harry blushed even harder. "You look sleepy."

"It's 7:30, Lou." Harry answered, rubbing his eyes.

Louis shrugged and continued grinning back at him, before letting out a little laugh.

"Well, I was wondering if you wanted to get a coffee before class?" He asked. "I don't have class till 9. And Li and Niall can come too."

"Neither." Harry nodded. "U-Um, yeah. That would be really nice."

"Okay." Louis nodded too. "Um, just come down to our room when you're both ready." He added, looking up and down Harry's body at his outfit as the younger boy shrank impossibly smaller behind the door.

"O-Okay." He stuttered, nervously looking to the floor when the stutter slipped from his lips.

"Hey," Louis said softly, stepping a little closer as Harry let the door open slightly, allowing them to be facing each other. "What did I say about the stutter? It's not your fault, okay." Harry still looked slightly upset, so Louis let out a long breath and stepped forward, engulfing him in a hug. "Don't feel ashamed." He whispered as Harry's arms went around his back, holding him close.

When they stepped back, Harry smiled and Louis did too, before ruffling Harry's head of curls with a small giggle.

"I'll see you in a sec, curly." He said, and Harry could only nod. Hearing that name again made him so happy, like they were getting each other back after all those years of thinking that Louis' thought nothing of him.

Harry closed the door when Louis started walking back down the hall, a lazy smile on his face as he went back over to his bed and sat down.

"Niall." Harry whispered, poking his side, but the blonde didn't budge. "Ni!"

Still, the boy didn't move, so Harry simply sighed and went to his drawers of clothes, grabbed out an outfit and his shower things before heading off to get ready.

.

Half an hour later, and all four boys were sitting in their booth at the diner, steaming hot coffees sitting in front of them as they all chatted away.