19.

The following weeks passed in a dream-like state for Harry. He was with Louis all the time and they were basically inseparable, attached at the hip like they used to be.

And Harry couldn't help but feel like everything was falling into place.

Their exams had passed and the end of semester was nearing. Both Harry and Louis were returning to their respective homes for the break, but still had a few more days together before they went. So they'd planned to spend every day together up until they had to leave.

Harry smiled as he got ready for the day, trying to pick out the perfect outfit to meet Louis. Even though the two were best friends again, Harry's feelings for the boy hadn't waived, if anything, they'd only gotten stronger.

Even when he was only 12 years old, he knew he had found his soulmate in Louis, and that wasn't going to change. He was madly in love with him, even though Louis didn't feel the same.

But honestly, Harry could live with that. He didn't mind the unrequited love, because at least it meant they were friends again after all those years of being alone.

Harry slipped on a white button up shirt with his skinny jeans, buttoning it up to his navel before putting a few necklaces over his head and some rings on his fingers.

Then, he ruffled his hair and ran his hand through it a few times, before giving himself one more lookover in the mirror.

Then, he put on some boots, got his things and left the room.

He wandered down the hallway, avoiding eye contact with everyone, until he got to Louis' room, and was surprised by what he found.

He was going to knock on the door, but it was already open. Harry's jaw fell open when he saw the scene inside.

Louis' bed was covered in clothes, the material surrounding an open suitcase. Louis was standing in front of it, his back to the open door as his head bobbed up and down in time to the music he was playing.

He swung his hips a little bit and was singing along as Harry watched. The younger boy would have found it endearing, but the image of Louis packing only made him nervous and scared.

"But it's the price I pay, destiny is calling me." He sung as he folded a shirt. "Open up my eager eyes."

Harry stood in the doorway, frozen, as Louis placed the shirt in the case, and then turned around, going to reach another item of clothing, but his eyes instead landed on the boy in the doorway.

"Oh Mr Bri-" He began, and stopped once he saw Harry standing there. "Harry-"

"Y-You're leaving?" Harry whispered, his hands limp by his sides as his face creased in worry. But Louis' couldn't hear him properly; his music was too loud.

"I-" He began as he rushed over to the speaker and turned it down, so the song was a dull melody in the background. "What?"

"You're..." Harry trailed off, looking around the room. "You're l-leaving. Today?" Harry asked again, his eyes dropping to the floor as he deflated.

And so Louis dropped the shirt he was holding and rushed straight to the doorway, wrapping his arms around Harry's waist to pull him inside and close the door.

Once the door was closed behind them, Louis pulled back from the hug and cupped Harry's cheeks.

"I'm sorry, love." He said softly, looking into his eyes. "Mum called, she's not got many days off and she wanted to spend some time with me while I'm on break."