26.

Louis kicked the ball as hard as he could towards the back of the net, nearly taking out their goalkeeper with how close it flew past his head.

He gritted his teeth, slowing to a jog before turning around and putting his hands on his knees, breathing heavily.

"Jesus, Louis!" The team's goalkeeper yelled out. "Calm down, mate!"

Louis didn't answer, he stayed as he was, breathing in and out as the rest of the team took their shots at goals too.

Training was nearly finished, and Louis had never dreaded the end of training more. Usually, he would be avid to get back to the dorms and hang out with Harry, but this time, he wasn't so much. He was going to the diner with the rest of their friends, and he just hoped to God that it wouldn't be awkward after what he did to Harry at the party.

They'd spoken about it, and seen each other since, but Harry was quieter now, and Louis still felt guilty for leaving him alone all because someone had pointed out that yeah, Louis had a massive crush on the boy.

It wasn't as if he could do anything about it though. He could never act on his feelings, everyone would only end up hurt. It was for the best.

"You right, Louis?" Stan, one of Louis' teammates, asked him, jogging up next to him.

Louis stood up and pushed his hair out of his face, wiping his hands on his practice jersey before pulling up his socks, ignoring the boy for a moment as he gathered his thoughts.

He hated having to say those horrible things to Harry earlier, but he had to. There was no other way to save the boy from certain heartbreak. No one deserves Louis Tomlinson. No one can love him. Louis was doing him a favour.

He'd broken the boy once by leaving, he couldn't do it again in another 4 years when they graduated. It would be too much.

"Fine." Louis breathed. "I'm fine."

Stan watched him for a moment, before patting his back and the two of them jogged to the end of the line, dribbling a ball between their feet, through the cones and then going for goal once they reached the net.

"Hey, Louis?"

Louis turned around to see Ed standing next to their coach. He was still out for a few more weeks because of his ankle, but apparently their coach just adored him, so he was kept around as a sort of adviser for the team.

"Make sure you're practicing with both feet shooting. You don't want one becoming dominant." He called out. "Shoot with your left foot this time."

Louis nodded shortly, scowling under his breath. He knew he was right, which made it all the worse. He hated being made to feel stupid, especially by the person trying to steal his boy. Well, not quite his boy, which really made him feel even worse.

So, as told, he practiced with both feet, and Louis still managed to score every time he attempted.

They did that a few more times before their coach announced the end of training.

He sighed, knowing that he was going to see Harry and have to friendzone him further. He just hoped Harry didn't hate him too much after he told him that their childhood relationship was a joke.

He, of course, didn't really think that, but he couldn't let Harry know. Harry was his everything, he really loved the boy, but there was no way he could let Harry find out, otherwise it would give him hope that they could get back together.

More than anything, Louis wanted that. He wanted his Harry back, his best friend and soulmate that he could love forever, but that wasn't going to happen.