33.

The semester flew by after that, and Harry and Louis were inseparable.

Louis' football team played their last game of the year at home, and Harry had been in the front row cheering them on alongside his friends. Harry had his final paper of the semester an A, and they all went out to celebrate his achievement.

Exams came and went and both boys spent more time with each other than they spent studying, but neither of them cared.

They passed, of course, and that was that. Their first year of university was over, and they'd done it, they'd survived.

The cool weather gave way to the warm summer and soon they were faced with 2 whole months off from school, where they were free to do as they pleased before they'd return for their second year.

Louis hummed contentedly as he laid back on Harry's bed, leaning up against the headboard with Harry in his arms. They'd finished their exams a few days ago, partied and were now just getting over their hangovers before they'd return to their families for a while.

Louis knew he wasn't going to see Harry as often as he liked, and he was going to miss him a lot, but he was okay with that. He could call and text him everyday, and he was sure they'd find ways to hang out. And besides, they'd soon be back at school for their following year, and everything would be perfect.

He smiled down at Harry, who had his eyes glued to the TV screen and whatever film they were watching, but Louis found the boy in his lap far more entertaining.

"What are your plans for the summer, H?" Louis asked quietly, and Harry blinked slowly, before tilting his head up.

"Well, I'm g-going home to st-stay with mum," Harry began. "Might g-go down to London to s-see Gems for a c-couple days."

He trailed off as he watched Louis curiously. He wanted to say that he'd go see Louis, but he wasn't sure what his current family situation was and maybe he wasn't going to be allowed visitors in the form of new boyfriends.

"Um, you?" Harry asked slowly as Louis gave his side a little squeeze.

"Yeah, I think I'll go home to mum too," Louis nodded. "Missed her. The girls too."

Harry smiled and hummed at the mention of Louis' sisters. He'd always gotten along well with them, regardless of their age differences. He was part of the family, really. One of the Tomlinson-clan.

"Do you, maybe, I-I mean, if you w-want- would you, um, c-come visit me?" Harry asked awkwardly, his cheeks flushed red as he waited for Louis' answer. He knew it was a long shot. He knew they boy probably didn't want to return to the town he'd grown up in and had to leave. There really wasn't much there for him-

Louis' voice snapped Harry out of his inner-ramblings.

"Hey, Haz, love," Louis cooed, cupping Harry's cheek. "Of course I would, if you'll have me. I'd love to see your family."

"Really?" Harry's eyes widened. "I m-mean, I was th-thinking, you could c-come stay with me a few d-days, then we c-could maybe go down t-to London together? If you w-wanted to. We could see G-Gems-"

"Then you could come back to Doncaster with me." Louis finished for him, and Harry fell quiet, stunned.

"Y-You'd want that?" He asked, shuffling up the bed and crossing his legs so he was sitting properly, facing the boy.

"Yes, you dolt." Louis laughed, taking one of Harry's hands in his own. "Mum misses your cute face."

"M'Not 12 anym-more, Louis." Harry blushed. "M'Not cute."