20.

After Louis had left to go home for the break, Harry called his mum. He told her all about how Louis had gone home early, so he was also going to come home earlier to spend more time with his family.

So that night, Harry was in the car, driving back to his childhood home in Holmes Chapel. His car broke down at one point, but that was to be expected with Harry's shitty car.

At around 8pm, he'd made it back to his hometown, and as he turned into his street, he couldn't help the smile that appeared on his lips.

As he drove past the familiar houses, he let out a content sigh. He was happy to be home, and ecstatic to see his family, but the thing he was most excited to do, was tell his mum all about Louis.

So as he parked outside his house, he paused, and let himself look over at his neighbour's house. An old lady lived there now, he wasn't sure of her name, but that didn't stop him from getting out of the car and walking towards it.

He stood in front of Louis' old house, a small grin forming on his lips as he thought about the boy who used to live there.

He had no idea what he'd done right, but there must have been something he'd done to deserve the fact that Louis had come back into his life.

He shoved his hands into his pockets as he wandered back to his car, getting out his things before closing the boot, and locking the car.

He slung his bag over his shoulder as he trudged up the front steps and went through the front door.

"Hello?" He called out, dropping his bag by the front door before taking off his coat and shoes.

"Harry!"

Harry smiled as he heard his mum's voice echo through the house cheerfully. He honestly had missed her so much.

"Mum!"

Just as Harry had hung his coat over the banister rail at the bottom of his stairs, his mother came into the front room and engulfed him in a hug.

"My baby," She cooed, holding him close. "I missed you! How you going? How's uni?"

Harry laughed as he hugged her back, and then leaned away a little so he could look at her.

"Mum!" He chuckled. "I'm good, everything's good. How are you?"

"M'good." She answered. "I cooked your favourite, love, pasta a la mum."

"Yes!" Harry cheered as the two of them moved into the kitchen. Anne went back to the stove, giving the pot a little stir, as Harry sat down at the island counter, watching her with his chin resting in his hand.

"So tell me!" She said. "How's uni? Enjoying everything?"

"Yeah," Harry nodded quickly, a lazy smile on his lips. "You'll never guess who Liam's roommate is."

"Liam was your friend from high school, yeah?" Anne asked. "Zayn's little friend?"

"Yeah." Harry nodded. "They're both at Leeds too this year."

"Yeah? Go on, honey." Anne replied, taking the food from the heat. "Who's Liam's roommate?"

"Well," Harry let out a long breath. "It's Louis."

Anne stopped and turned around slowly, her eyes wide in surprise. Her mouth opened as she watched Harry, who nodded and grinned. And Anne thought that Harry looked so incredibly happy, happier than she'd seen him in years.

"Louis," She said slowly. "Tomlinson? As in-"

"Yeah mum," Harry nodded again smiling even wider. "He's back. We're back."