4.

Present Day 2015

.

Louis was due to finish work at the diner in an hour, and apparently the 4 boys in the tiny red booth were waiting for him.

So Liam shouted them all a round of drinks and they kept talking.

"So what course are you doing?" Zayn asked Niall, who smiled when he was asked.

The boys were making him feel very welcome and he was thankful for that, his new friends were great.

"Music." He said. "I play guitar, and I sing a little, I guess."

"Nice!" Liam answered, nodding along. "Harry, here, sings too. Well, he used to."

"Oh, not anymore?" Niall asked, turning to the curly haired boy.

"Uh, stage fright." Harry replied. "I-I don't really like singing for people."

"Oh," Niall nodded, not really knowing what else to say. "So what courses are you guys doing?"

"Arts, majoring in Lit." Zayn replied before taking a sip from his drink.

"Bio-med." Liam smiled, before they all turned to face Harry.

"Law and psych, double." He timidly answered, making Niall open his mouth in awe.

"Woah, smarty-pants." He laughed, nudging his shoulder.

"Harry's very studious." Liam added as they chuckled, even Harry, who shrugged.

"I like to read," He explained. "Like, law books and stuff were really interesting, so, uh, yeah."

"Good on ya, mate." Niall nodded, clapping his shoulder.

It was then, that Louis came strolling over, his apron now over his arm with his jacket, and his bag in his hand.

"Ugh." He sighed as he slid into the booth next to Liam lazily, his legs hanging out the side as he rested his head on Liam's shoulder. "Finally, I'm done."

"Clocked off for the afternoon?" Liam asked, and Louis smiled nodding as he closed his eyes.

"Could use a drink though." Louis mumbled, sitting up properly as he looked around the diner for his co-workers.

"Harley?" He called out to a blonde girl who was standing by the kitchen, talking to the cook.

She looked over, saw Louis waving and came walking over with a grin.

"Hey Louis!" She chirped, coming to a stop next to him as she flirtatiously smiled. "What can I do for you?"

"Round of drinks?" He asked, and she nodded, flipping her notepad to a fresh page.

"Sure," She answered. "What are we all drinking?"

"Boys?" Louis asked, and so they went around the table all ordering what they wanted.

"No worries!" Harley said when they were done. "I'll be right back."

When she turned, Louis playfully slapped her ass, making her squeak and jump a little, blushing as she made a face at Louis, who made one back.

As she walked away, all 5 boys watched her go, transfixed by the gorgeous girl.

"Woah." Niall breathed. "Is she your girlfriend or summat?"

"Oh God no!" Louis laughed. "She's a friend of mine, from back home. She's one of the only other people I know out here."

"Oh," Niall nodded. "Does that mean she's single?"