1.

heeeeere we go!

.

.

.

Present Day 2015

.

Harry groaned when he heard his alarm go off. He rolled over in his bed to squint at his clock, the alarm making a racket in his ear.

7:30am.

Harry sighed as he reached out to turn it off, and then roll over onto his back.

He stared up at his ceiling and the outlines from where his glow-in-the-dark stars used to be stuck above his head.

"Harry!" He heard his mother's voice lilting up the stairs from the kitchen. "Are you awake, honey?"

He sighed and closed his eyes briefly, before sitting up and swinging his legs over the edge of the bed.

"Yes mum!" He called out, running a hand over his face before he stood up and stretched.

The 18-year-old had gotten taller over the summer break since he'd graduated high school. The growth spurt meant that he'd had to get an entirely new wardrobe so he had clothes that fit.

And considering that he was going away to start university, he decided that he should get a whole new look.

He wandered over to the dresser and pulled out some skinny jeans and a button up shirt before opening his bedroom door.

He sleepily trudged down the hallway to the bathroom. Where he used to have to fight his sister for it every morning, Gemma had since moved out, so he had it all to himself.

He closed the door and took a quick shower before stepping out and wrapping a towel around himself. Then, he stood in front of the mirror and stared at his face.

His hair had gotten much longer, now reaching his shoulders and much less curly than it had been.

He shook out his locks and ran a towel over his head, drying his hair before running a hand through it and pushing it back off his face.

Then, he got dressed and quickly brushed his teeth, taking all his shampoos, toothpaste and other toiletries with him as he went back to his bedroom.

He pulled the half-packed suitcase out from under his bed and put the last items of clothes inside before packing up is bathroom bag and shoving it in too.

Then, he wandered back over to the dresser and checked all the drawers again, before looking up into the mirror.

There were little tape marks around the outside and a couple of left-over blutack pieces stuck to the glass, where he used to have stickers and photos bordering the mirror.

He ran his fingers over it, reliving some of his most cherished memories that had been captured in those photographs.

Eventually, Harry let out a breath and turned away, checking his suitcase one more time before he zipped it up and stood it beside the door.

He turned back around to face his empty childhood bedroom. The belongings he was taking with him had been boxed up and were already in the car. The only thing he had left to pack was his suitcase and of course, the leather satchel his mum had bought him for his exciting new life at university.

"Harry!" He heard his mum call again. "Breakfast is ready!"

"Coming!" Harry answered as he left the room and jogged down the stairs, rounding the corner at the bottom before entering the kitchen.