0.

October 26th 2006

.

Harry's eyes snapped open the moment he heard his alarm go off. The 9-year-old rubbed his eyes, and grinned as he looked up at the glow-in-the-dark stars stuck to his ceiling.

He turned his head towards the clock, the bright lights of the numbers making him smile even more.

7:30am.

Louis would be over soon so they could walk to school together.

"Harry!" Harry heard his mum's voice coming up the stairwell, and into his bedroom. "You awake?"

She was probably in the kitchen, Harry thought, making him some kind of delicious breakfast, like she did every morning.

"Yes mum!" Harry shouted back, throwing the red blankets back as he swung his legs over the edge of the bed and stood up.

"Louis will be here soon!" He heard his mum call out again. "Make sure you're ready!"

"Yes mum!" Harry answered again, this time through a yawn.

Harry stretched his arms above his head and switched on the lights before heading over to his dresser.

He looked in the mirror above it, the outside adorned with stickers and pictures. Some were of he and Louis, some of them with their other friends, some of Liverpool FC, his favourite football team, and the rest were just stars and other decorations he'd stuck there.

He ruffled his unruly curls a little bit as he pulled his pyjama top, blue and printed with a big fish on his chest, off and over his head.

He then took off the matching pants and threw them under his pillow, before making the rest of his bed, like his mum taught him.

He quickly went back to his dresser and pulled out some clothes to put on, running out of his room in his underwear and down the hallway to the bathroom.

The tiny little pitter-patter of his feet managed to catch the attention of his older sister, Gemma, who opened the door to her bed room and stopped her little brother just as he got to the bathroom and closed the door.

"Harry!" The 12-year-old grumbled as she knocked on the door. "It's my turn to go first!"

"No its not!" Harry giggled through the door, pressing his cheek against it as he smiled at his sister's anger.

"Harry!" She squealed again. "I have to get ready for school!"

"So do I." Harry retorted with a grin. "Louis' gonna be here soon!"

"Oh, so you have to look good for your boyfriend?" Gemma teased, making Harry opened the door and poke his head out.

"He's not my boyfriend." Harry stated, before going back inside and closing the door.

"Sure he's not." Gemma rolled her eyes. "Just hurry up."

Inside the bathroom, Harry rolled his eyes too and ignored her, pulling on his clothes.

When he was done, he looked in the mirror and splashed his face with some water before brushing his teeth.

Louis wasn't his boyfriend. He was his best friend. Besides, boys are supposed to like girls, and Harry was still at the age where he thought girls had cooties.

And it was still going to be another couple of years before he realized that it wasn't even girls that he was interested in.

Harry frowned as he looked at himself in the mirror. His hair was so poofy, he didn't like it. It had always been like that, and in the past year it had only gotten curlier and curlier.