Chapter 3: Peanut Butter and Morning Sickness

Vincent

It had been almost a whole two weeks of not seeing Shadé. I like to call her Shadé or Love in my head even though I knew she hated pet names, but I couldn't help it. The fact that I hadn't seen her in over seven days irked me like hell. I hadn't seen her at breakfast, lunch, or dinner. She hadn't even been assigned to clean my room in a while. It's as if Gina is helping her in avoiding me.

"Penny for your thoughts, brother," Rodney's voice interrupted my thoughts.

I snapped my head in his direction. He was getting out of the pool and was handed a white towel by one of the maids to dry his hair with.

"It's nothing, Rod. I'm just thinking about my wedding day," I lied solemnly. Honestly, that was the last thing on my mind. I only just now remembered.

Rodney grinned and patted me on the back, "Ah, yes, you will be getting married in a few months. One step from becoming a king, Vince."

I sent him a fake smile. "Thank you, Rod."

I rose from the pool side chairs and headed towards the showers. "I'll see to you at the castle," I called back with a wave.

"Don't forget, your-wife-to-be and my girlfriend are coming over soon for lunch," he yelled.

I cringed internally. My fiancée is coming over with her sister for lunch, which meant I only have two hours to prepare.

Melanie Callahan.

She was tall, slender, blonde, green-eyed, and just drop dead gorgeous. Her mother and father were the Duke and Duchess of Oxford. I met her during her first season and luckily for her, she had the capability to attract the Crowned Prince of England. That doesn't happen every day. Falling for two women doesn't happen quite often either.

It also doesn't happen every day that you fall for a beautiful Ethiopian maid. She had the deepest brown eyes that would attract anyone who dared to give her a single glance. Her honey brown skin urged you to have just a taste, but yet, it was something about her that said, 'look, but don't touch'.

Speak of the devil...or angel.

"Hey," I waved in her direction. She was carrying a tray of lemonade, perhaps on her way to give it to Rodney.

When she realized it was me, she visibly hesitated. "Good morning, Your Highness," she whispered.

It irritated me that she would address me with royal titles. How would you feel if your lover addressed you with royal titles?

"Love, stop calling me that. If we're to be lovers, I want you to address me with pet names like baby, love, etcetera," I said with a sigh, taking the tray of beverages.

She grabs my arm, stopping me from walking back to the pool. Her touch sends shivers throughout my body. She's just that enticing of a woman.

"Sir, I am not your lover. I would appreciate it if you'd stop calling me that," she says sternly.

I grin widely at her. She's so adorable when she's angry. "Ok... darling."

Her nose instantly flares at the word. "Stop it, now! Don't call me any other name than the one on my birth certificate! And give me back the tray. I have to serve your brother," she says, glaring and reaching for the tray.

Her petite height of 5'2 wasn't doing her any justice against my 6'2 frame. She was so small and so... adorable. I had to hold her.

I dropped the tray of lemonade glasses and in one swift move, I swooped her into my arms. I ignored the small pieces of glass that stung my legs and feet.