chapter 25

Marina stared at her mother, she couldn’t breath let alone speak, she slowly turned to look at her brother for answers he looked as surprised as she was. But something about how he was acting was different, he didn’t seem to be angry or upset it was like he knew their father wasn’t their mothers mate, he knew and he didn’t tell her? She wanted to scream at her mother for not telling her the truth for keeping this secret from her, all of them, her mother, Talen and her brother all lied to her. “HOW COULD YOU!” she screamed breaking the silence that had settled over the room, her brother and Talen turned to look at her while her mother look startled by the sudden out burst. 

“How dare you even think about lying to me, mother so you never told me the truth, you never found the right time to tell me not in the whole fucking time I have been alive! So you are telling me my father the man you were with for over twenty years was not your true mate!  So it was all a lie about how much you and father loved each other. And you VINCENT do not look away like you are innocent, you are far from it how dare you keep this from me, you were doing it to protect me, ha yeah right it you wanted to protect me you would have told me. Now you, who the hell are you!” marina said as she finished and was pointing straight at her mothers ‘true’ mate. This was crazy so her father wasn’t her mothers mate but someone else’s mate, how could that be. 

“Well young lady I am your mothers mate, my name is Xavier, I am head of a clan not far from here, the reason your mother lied to you was because your father forced her  into a relationship. You and your brother were the product of rape. That man your brother killed was your mother’s rapist but not her mate. He took her away from me, do you understand young lady now I would appreciate it if you apologized-“Xavier didn’t get to Finnish his sentence before marina was screaming again she wasn’t supposed to find out this way. Talen had enough hell he was fuming his stomach hurt he had a hurt wolf pup, his daughter wasn’t eating, his ass hurt, and now his mates sister was screaming giving him a headache. 

“Everyone shut up! You sit down now, mate control your mother’s mate from killing your sister, now marina I know you think your mother should have told you but she was doing what she thought would protect you. I agree she should have told you but what did you want her to tell you, honey your father raped me and took me away from my mate I love you? HELL no now sit the fuck down I know you are hurt but calm down for a moment so we can sort this out. My stomach hurts because I haven’t eaten all day; my ass hurts because I was raped not two fucking days ago! Now we have two trespassing wolves one who is only 8 years old and hurt! My daughter hasn’t eaten either because of all this drama, and right now I am getting a headache now I am wondering if you want to continue to piss me off and not only make me mad but my mate too, or are we going to sit the hell down and eat? Good choice.” 

Talen sat down at the head of the table everyone was staring at him, he knew why not only did he have two outbursts but both in the same night are a new record for him, he stared at his master while he made marina sit down with scarlet following behind her, as marina sat down she pulled scarlet down on her lap. Suddenly he felt pressure on his lap, as he looked down there was Nina sitting on his right leg and aoife on his left, he smiled down at the young girls they both looked so happy to be so close to him at the moment. He was so caught up in the young girls that he didn’t notice his mate’s mother sit down with her mate; she smiled at him as she sat. He noticed that her mate was staring at him, as if he wanted to ask a question. 

Vincent stared at his mate as he walked back up the table, he looked back at his sister to see what she was doing and what shocked him was the larger female wolf was sitting marinas lap rubbing her head in the curve of marinas neck.  His sister was so caught up in her mate that she didn’t notice that he was staring at her, he smiled to himself as he made it back to his mate and daughter, you could start to see a small bump on his mates stomach, he didn’t mind though he knew it meant their child was healthy and growing correctly inside its ‘mother’. He took his seat at the head of the table, as he sat down he noticed his mate had their daughter and the young wolfs sitting on his lap. 

“May I ask your mate a question, Sir Vincent?” Vincent stared at his mother’s mate he honestly didn’t want the man to speak to his mate for many reasons but with him and his sister in the room he would be able to protect his mate no matter what. Vincent nodded not speaking because his voice would have come out as a growl, letting his beast take over just for a moment to make sure that he was ready for anything; people would say he was paranoid but in all honestly he was just protective, for many reason and all of them very justified, mostly his reasoning right now was because he didn’t know the man who claimed to be his mothers mate. 

“Do you happen to be the nephew of Marko?” the name it self struck fear straight down Talen’s spine he couldn’t speak, he didn’t want to answer, how did this man know his uncle, his abuser. Now that he was getting a good look at the man he recognized him, it was the man who helped him when his uncle one night was going to beat him to death for over cooking dinner, and he gasped and stood straight up pointing. “You’re the man who saved me from that beating the night I ran away! What are you doing here!?” Talen felt Vincent stand at the mention at his uncle but he wasn’t focused on his mate more on the man who was now smiling. 

“So it is you I am quite glad you got away from that crazy man, sir Vincent you need not worry I was not one of the men that your mate was pimped out to, the night I was at that house was to kill the man, but I noticed that he was beating someone to the point that the smell of blood carried though out the whole house, so I helped him, your mate that is. I couldn’t stand the thought of a young life being ended so soon, but I couldn’t kill your uncle. Now please stop with the hate filled glare I did nothing and have never thought about doing something to your mate are anyone. The only person I have ever been physical with is your mother you see we meet at a young age but then your father stole her away.” 

Talen sat down his stomach growled and he turned to his mate, as he and everyone ate he continued to notice that a blush on scarlet’ face would appear every few minutes or so, he knew what was going on and he could tell that Vincent knew also. He laughed to himself at all the drama that is going on, how it made his days exciting but after awhile it is just plain annoying. He smiled towards his mate as he could feel his master’s eyes on him now all he had to worry about tomorrow is getting their daughter to school and away from the little she wolf to talk. He looked up to where his masters mother and her mate was sitting and found them smiling at each other like love struck fools, is that how he looked at his mate if so he wouldn’t mind.