chapter 20

Vincent stared at his sleeping mate, he finally got him to lie down again, the pain of knowing that he couldn’t protect his mate felt like he was dieing all over again, he couldn’t breathe because of the blood coming from his mate. The saddest thing was that Vincent had healed the cuts allover his mate’s chest so the smell of blood must have been coming from somewhere else. He could still his child’s heart beat, very light but still there, so he wouldn’t kill his father right away but he knew he would kill him when his mate awoke in front of every adult in the coven. Vincent stared at his mate how he wanted to kill his father right then and there where he found them but that wouldn’t have been a good enough punishment for what he did to his covens mate.

Talen began to stir in the bed, as he tried to sit up he felt an immense pain run straight up his spine, he turned to look where he is, as he spotted his master sitting in a corner with bright red eyes staring at him he felt a whole lot safer. He watched as his master stood and stalked over to him, he could tell it wasn’t his masters more human side but more beast like because of how he walked almost as if he would be ready to catch Talen if he decided to run, he sat still on the bed because he didn’t want to make any sudden movements to cause pain to himself more. As his master finally reached him he couldn’t breathe, the look in his masters eyes alone could kill someone, he was never scared of his master before but he couldn’t lie right now he was truly scared.

As his master stared straight down at him he kept still, now that he could see his eyes he wasn’t as scared he could see worry, love, and anger in his eyes. As Vincent’s beast was staring at their mate he could only feel love and worry for the very small and fragile man that belonged to him and his more human side, he just wanted to show him he cared and how he would protect him for ever but because of their father his own mate was afraid of him now. He slowly raised his hand up to his submissive mate’s cheek, as he rested his hand on Talen’s cheek he didn’t feel his mate flinch at his touch as he had done earlier, “mate.” He growled out, it wasn’t as loud enough to scare the young mate of his but it was him staking a claim to him.

Talen watched as his mates hand arose from his side and rested on his cheek, he didn’t flinch because he saw the hope there his own master thought that he was to scare to even let him touch his mate. Talen smiled up at his master and leaned more into his warm hand, closing his eyes and saying “all yours” he didn’t know where this new side of his mate was coming from but he didn’t mind it. Yes he remembered every single detail from what his master’s father did to him but he couldn’t help but to think he was alright, his master had found him and clearly still wanted him, because he was still claiming Talen as his mate, also he could still his child’s heartbeat it was very weak but still beating on.

Vincent, both sides of him, were quite pleased with their mate at the moment he wasn’t trying to runaway or push him away, he smiled to himself as he watched his mate push and rub ageist his hand.  he slowly began to move his hand away from Talen’s face to stand and get the younger male into the bath because the stench of his father on his mate was fuel to the fire he was feeling right now. As he began to move away from his submissive he suddenly felt small arms being rapped around his waist, trying to pull him to his mate. He turned his head to look back and his mate was crying, Vincent felt horrible, “hush my pet, I am not going anywhere I am just going to start a bath for you, and get a change of cloths.” He whispered to his shaking mate.