chapter 12

As Talen awoke he was alone, he was not bothered by it because as he entered the restroom he found a note explaining his master was called out on some clan business. Talen continued to take a shower, dress, and go down to the dinning hall for some breakfast, as he entered the dinning hall the maids bowed to him showing respect. Talen blushed and continued to walk over to when he saw aoife eating her breakfast, but it was not blood like the other vampire children, Talen shook it off and went over it her. Aoife noticed her father walking towards her and started jumping up and down in her seat; she didn’t want to embarrass her father to the point making him give her up making her an orphan again.

Talen walked up behind his adoptive daughter and bent down to kiss her head, he could tell she was trying to stay in her seat he didn’t understand why but he would find out later. “Aoife when does school start love?” Talen asked her having the thought he would take her to school, he knew it wasn’t that far away, because he asked a passing vampire on his way to the dinning hall. “Umm about eight daddy why?” aoife said, mind you she meant eight pm, because vampire children could not be in the sun either. “Because I am taking you to school today sweetie,” Talen said as he stole q piece of bacon off of her plate, “if that is alright with you?” aoife nodded and continued to eat her breakfast in silence, all of the vampire children stared at Talen as he continued to yawn.

Aoife noticed that the other kid’s were staring at her father and she hated it so much she felt jealous and as if they would steal him away from her tonight when he took her too school. She was holding her fork so tight she could feel it cutting into her skin; she wanted to cry and scream that he was her daddy not theirs. Aoife couldn’t handle it if he left her to, just like her real mommy and daddy did, aoife stood up and slammed her fork onto the table and continued to run out the dinning hall. Aoife continued to sun down the halls until she ended up at her other father’ offices, slamming open the door looked around the office and noticed others in the room; she turned around and began to run away again.

As she was running she tripped and scraped her knee, she stood up and saw an open closet and ran inside, she closed the door behind her. She was sitting in the farthest corner away from the door; she pulled her knees close to her and continued to cry. She cried because she missed her big brother, she cried because she was bullied, she cried because she was going to lose her daddies to the other kids. Her sobs racked through her body making her shiver and cry harder, she knew her daddies weren’t looking for her why would anyone want her, her daddy should have left her in the car with her parents. Aoife’s body couldn’t handle all of the emotion crawling around inside her, she passed out.

She dreamt of the car ride that took her family, aoife cried in the backseat because her mommy and daddy wouldn’t buy her the coloring book she wanted in the store, her mother was trying to stop Aoife’s crying. Her father was yelling because he couldn’t hear his boss on the phone and he hated it when aoife cried it always made him mad, her mother was telling aoife to quite crying but she didn’t listen. Her daddy turned around to yell at aoife to be quite, but he didn’t see the car speeding their way, it was a drunk driver who ran a red light. Aoife could hear her mother scream before she blacked out, as aoife woke up again she tried calling out to her mommy and daddy but they wouldn’t wake up, aoife was scared her big brother wasn’t there he was at school.

Aoife screamed and screamed while she cried trying to get her daddy to wake up and turn around to yell at her to be quite, and later on he would hug her and say sorry, she wished her mommy would turn around and try to comfort aoife. She continued to cry until she saw someone walking over to her car; he was tall taller then her daddy and her big brother, aoife was scared. The man reached into the car and touched her mommy and daddy on their necks, she didn’t know why though, she herd him whisper something but she couldn’t here it correctly, it sounded something like their dead. She felt very cold hands undo her car seat and pull her out of the car, holding aoife close to their chest the man walked away from the car accident as aoife cried out for her parents. Aoife woke up as her daddy pulled her out of the closet she screamed her big brother’s nick name she gave him when she was younger, “TAYN!”