2.3 - A Lonely Comet

Thank you all SO much for the reviews you've been leaving me, they truly make my day. They make me want to continue to update quicker! A couple of you may have noticed but I have changed the cover to this fic (and two others) but let me know if you think it's better than the last if you'd like to comment on it!

Enjoy your next awaited chapter! It's a nice long one since there isn't going to be a part 4 this time. Oh, small warning – there will be a swear word or two later on in the chapter!

Vampire Diaries Fanfic | Dawn of a New Day | 2.3 - A Lonely Comet

It was the next day, near mid-afternoon and still Stefan hadn't come to see her. Olivia was starting to feel really disheartened by that fact – maybe it was a sign that being with him wasn't for the best? Maybe it just wasn't her time for a relationship?

She was currently walking around with Bonnie, handing out the same flyers the four of them had been folding yesterday. Elena had made the two of them get together, obviously still feeling the tension between them since the party at the Falls. Elena obviously seemed to know what was going on with Bonnie because she sent 'the look' as Olivia liked to call it. She was pushing Bonnie into telling her sister exactly what had been admitted that night.

The area was packed; there were so many people that if Olivia wasn't concentrating on forgetting the blood and her lust for it, that she wouldn't even be well as she thought right now. Stefan's method was really working for her it seemed. She could actually act normal in public, and she was completely thankful for that.

"Hey, it's the night of the Comet." Bonnie was calling out with a grin on her lips, "Would you like a program?" She asked a couple of people just slightly older than her. There were a lot of tourists here today; Mystic Falls was definitely getting a lot of business because of the Comet.

The two of them handed out a few flyers before turning silent again, that was until Bonnie finally spoke to Olivia, glancing over to the brunette. "So, has he called yet?" She questioned, hesitantly, referring to Stefan. "Stefan."

Olivia internally rolled her eyes, of course, Elena would have mentioned that. She sighed, shaking her head sadly – it was just before she went to bed last night when she remembered that they hadn't actually exchanged numbers yet. "No, but then we never got to the 'number exchange' part."

"That's an important milestone in any relationship." Bonnie told her, knowing that Olivia hadn't really gotten into relationship stuff before. She started to feel guilty – she hasn't really been a good friend the last couple of days and Olivia could obviously see this. The brunette wasn't really looking at her as she spoke, just handing out flyers and trying to keep quiet as much as possible.

Olivia just shrugged, turning away to pass another flyer off to a tourist.

There was another painful silence until Bonnie finally couldn't take it anymore, "Olivia, I'm so sorry." She grabbed her friend's arm, stopping her from walking away.

Olivia did stop, but frowning while doing so in a confused manner. "What are you talking about, Bon?" She obviously knew what this was about, she just didn't want to show it.

Bonnie sighed, looking very apologetic, "At the party I went completely weird towards you and you hadn't even done anything wrong. And the last few days, it's just..." Her words cut out, remembering back to what had happened.

"Bonnie, what?" Olivia pushed, but not in a bad way – just an encouraging one.

She looked up, "When I touched that bottle, I saw something." She began to shake a little bit; it had scared her and the image she saw was still fairly clear in her head.