1.4 - A Brother Returns

If the class hadn't been cancelled today; luckily avoiding a test, haha. I wouldn't have been able to get this up until next week or minimum by the end of the weekend if it hadn't.

I've had so many views, favorites and follows that I'm literally jumping in my seat. I'm so excited that everyone seems to like my twist in the TV Series. Those things are what keep me writing honestly other than the inspiration I have for Movies and TV Shows.

Thank you so much!

Enjoy....

Vampire Diaries Fanfic | Dawn of a New Day | 1.4 - A Brother Returns

"So, you're a vampire." Olivia stated the obvious, breaking the silence. It had taken her a while to calm down and get her emotions back into check, and she was glad for Stefan to be here with her.

As they overheard the ambulance arriving at the falls, the two of them took a seat on the forest ground beside a large tree; Stefan wanted to make sure Olivia was going to be okay before going back near that place. There was probably still going to be blood covering areas of where the party had been.

Olivia couldn't believe it, but she also could. Of course, she'd become attracted to the only other vampire she's ever known about in Mystic Falls - it was just her dumb luck she imagined. She sat to the side of Stefan, looking forwards as she waited for a reply.

She didn't know whether to be happy that she wasn't alone anymore – or angry for him not telling her in the first place, he seemed to be able to handle his bloodlust pretty well as far as she could see.

"Yeah," He nodded sheepishly, shrugging a little, glancing over at her with a hesitant smile.

Olivia nodded to herself, still trying to process everything. Stefan just sat there patiently even though deep inside, he was thinking about what had happened to Vicky. She had been bitten in the neck ... drained of blood. His heart pinched in dread when he really thought about it – only one person he knew loved to play games like this and all those other deaths lately, caused by 'Animal Attacks'. The person loved putting on a show and tonight was confirming his fear.

"Vicky was bitten by a vampire, wasn't she?" Olivia asked as if reading his thoughts.

Stefan came out of his thoughts, nodding to answer her question. "That's what I'm guessing, yeah." Not mentioning the vampire, he had in mind that could be doing this.

Olivia finally turned to him, looking at him warily, "It wasn't you was it?" She questioned hesitantly. She really hoped it wasn't.

"No." Stefan answered immediately in a very truthful manner, "I don't touch human blood."

She blinked in shock, "Ever?" How could he stay away from it completely? She couldn't go longer than a few days without at least a little bit mixed in with animal blood.

Stefan was about to reply but was stopped by a ringing sound coming from Olivia's jacket pocket. She frowned, looking down to her pocket before retrieving the machine from it. Looking at the scene, she saw Elena's face flash on the screen – her sister was calling.

'Uh, oh' She thought wearily, they've probably realised by now she disappeared.

Pressing answer, she held the phone up to her ear, "Elena, what's up?"

"Liv, where the hell are you!" Elena shouted from the other line with anger and worry laced in her voice, effectively making the vampire's wince, Olivia had to pull the phone away from her ear a moment.

Olivia sighed, "I just needed to get away for a moment." She replied, but then realised she couldn't stay out here in the forest forever – she had to start making her way back.