3.1 - A Harder Morning

Three Mid-Terms and Two Assignments due next week and every day is packed. Not sure how much updating I can get done next week which sucks. I have the week off after though, yey!

I've had to change around the Bonnie-Stefan dinner around a bit in the first scene, but he is going to be asked, not to worry.

Vampire Diaries Fanfic | Dawn of a New Day | 3.1 -A Harder Morning

"Olivia, are you ready yet?!" Elena called up the stairs, all ready for school with her bag strapped to her shoulder. She was waiting for her sister to come down stairs so Bonnie could take them both to get breakfast, and then school. She didn't understand what was taking her sister so long ... she never took this long.

Upstairs, Olivia was going into a little panic session. There was no blood left in her fridge and that would mean she'd have to make a stop at the hospital to refill, but she hasn't had any blood since yesterday at about lunch time – so yeah, panicking was a good word for what she was feeling. There was no way she could go to school without at least some blood in her system – she was already starting to feel the affects of hunger with Elena still in the house. Jenna and Jeremy were already gone thankfully, but more bodies nearby wouldn't be good for her.

She could already feel her fangs want to pop out.

"Elena, just go without me!" Olivia yelled back, knowing she'd have to go into the woods to hunt. There was only an hour until classes start, she didn't know if there would be enough time to find something that could sustain her until after school. "I wanna walk today!"

"Are you sure?!"

It was getting harder to contain herself – why did Elena out of all people smell so good? "Just go, Lena!"

Olivia picked up a small mumble after a pause, but then the front door opened and closed – Elena was leaving and she couldn't be happier. Quickly, she got up off the floor from where she had been sitting, staring at her empty mini-fridge.

After running a shaky hand through her hair, she grabbed her bag with vampire speed before heading downstairs in the same manner. No one was home now so she didn't need to worry too much about anyone noticing the fact that she moves too fast. But honestly right now, she didn't care – all she hungered for was blood.

~ 8 ~

Later on, closer to the start of school, Olivia was standing near the parking lot, waiting for Bonnie and Elena to arrive. But she was also waiting for Caroline, she hadn't heard from the blonde all night and that was weird. She frowned, concerned when she glanced at her phone – still no reply from the five or so texts sent this morning. Where was she? First class was going to start in 10 minutes and Caroline was always at school, at least half-an-hour before it starts to work on cheerleading cheers.

Since the incident this morning with the 'no blood in storage' incident, she felt a little better, but not too much. She had been able to find two small squirrels, and unlike human blood, animal only did so much for her. It never really curved the true craving for blood – it just sated the lust for a good period of time. So, as someone might be able to tell, she was still very hungry but Stefan's method of telling herself she didn't want the blood was helping keep her fangs in.

Suddenly she heard the familiar sound of Bonnie's little white car, strangely enough, all the cars seem to have their own engine sounds and how fast it works. Bonnie's car was pretty new so it had a faster-working engine. She looked up, and indeed, it was Bonnie parking up just in front of her with Elena. She slipped her phone back into her jacket pocket, heading over to them as the two got out the car.