4.1 - To Make Plans

I'll be mixing this episode up a little bit (scene-wise) and I hope you like it! Please leave some reviews!

Vampire Diaries Fanfic | Dawn of a New Day | 4.1 - To Make Plans

A large gasp came out of Olivia's mouth as she jerked into a sitting position and her eyes were darting everywhere to see where she was – her breathing coming out in stuttering huffs. Shakenly, she squinted her eyes, it was dark but for some reason her vision was very clear. She was in an alleyway; a dirty filthy one that would normally be found behind a restaurant. "H-How...?" Her croaky voice came out scared, she had no idea where she was. The last thing she remembered was someone coming up behind her, a sharp pain and some type of disgusting liquid being shoved down her throat.

Where was everyone? She had been with others on the co-op trip so where were they? Was anyone looking for her? Where was she?

Olivia started to slowly get up on her quivering legs and for some reason, they felt new and unused. She had been laying on bags of garbage like someone had thrown her out like trash. Suddenly, her head snapped up and her hands covered her ears when a sharp bang sounded throughout the alleyway.

"Shit!" A deep male's voice swore afterwards, having just come out of the back door that was slammed against the brick wall. He was a pretty stogy man with a slowly growing beard that hadn't been shaved in possibly a week. He was wearing a chef's outfit with lots of muck and old food on it, he was gripping his hand tightly where a large cut was deep within his skin. The man groaned, trying to cover the wound with a white towel without much luck. It was slowly filling up with blood.

Olivia was only a few meters away but her head slowly turned up, looking towards the man that had appeared in the alley while her hands retreated from her ears. She was about to ask the man where she was, hoping for some kind of answer but for some reason, no words left her mouth and her eyes only stayed trained on the bleeding hand. It was like she was in a trance, unable to break herself away from it. Something inside started to stir within her and a deep hunger was starting to rise.

"God, damn it." The man cursed again, shaking his head. This was the third time in just a few months, if he didn't stop accidently cutting himself then he'll probably be let go for another cook. He loved this job but the stress was starting to get to him and he kept getting sidetracked by that beautiful waitress who comes into the kitchen every five damn seconds.

The chef was about to head inside now that his hand was covered, but that was until he heard a rustle over to the side. He looked over at the noise and his eyes widened dramatically – he saw a teenager completely covered in dirt and there were blood stains covering her entire body, especially around her neck and clothing. "My god," He started walking towards her, thinking she was badly hurt for that amount of blood to be covering her. "Jesus, who did this to you?" He was about a meter away from her, "What's your name?" He started getting out his phone, about to call 911. He had long forgotten about his bandaged hand.

Olivia blindingly ignored the questions, "Your bleeding." She murmured softly, still looking at the hand and the hunger deep inside was getting worse. She didn't know what was happening to her, but for some reason, she was giving into the demon she was becoming.

"I'm calling an ambulance." He assured her, thinking she was just in shock. She definitely looked like it. "Here." He started taking off the towel around his hand, intending to put it on a wound she may have, thinking she'd need it more. "Where are you hurt?"

Olivia reached forwards and grabbed the towel silently, looking down at it curiously. The man turned away for just a few seconds, speaking to someone on the phone, but while he wasn't looking, Olivia did something that would change her forever. She squeezed some of the blood in the towel and into her hand, like it was a bowl and slowly, she lifted it to her mouth, sniffing it deeply. A deep pressure started to resonate from her gums and again, without any thought, she poured the entire pool of blood into her mouth that was in her hand.