6.3 - Transitioning into a Vampire

A little over-schedule but it did come out to over 12,000 words instead, the longest chapter so far of the series. Enjoy!

Vampire Diaries Fanfic | Dawn of a New Day | 6.3 - Transitioning into a Vampire

Damon was idly wandering around his brother's room as he waited for the dead teenager to wake up from her slumber. Just a few hours before snapping her neck, he had been giving her exactly what she had wanted, what she craved, and that was blood. His blood. Because of this, she would now turn into the same monster he was and had been for nearly a hundred and fifty years. She'll become the fourth vampire in Mystic Falls as of right now if she chooses to complete the transformation, that is.

As he waited for an amazingly long time; Damon made the stupid choice of testing out sunlight against his skin for the first time in years, without his ring attached to his finger. Let just say – it wasn't a trip through candy land. His hand sizzled like bacon on a skillet for the few seconds the stream of light hit the surface of his skin. He winced at the sensation he received. Because he's recently had a lot of warm blood running down his throat and to his stomach, it did heal within a manner of seconds.

It took him by surprise but finally a groan filtered through the air and hit his eardrums.

Damon shook his hand in the air as it healed while glancing over his shoulder to see the transitioning vampire begin to wake up. She was still sprawled out on the floor but her arms and legs were starting to stretch out, imitating a cat. Her eyes started to flutter open and she tiredly looked around at her surroundings in a confused manner. She was clearly unsure of what had happened and how she ended up lying on the cold wooden floor.

"What happened?" She mumbled to herself but to the other person in the room too. She noticed the man she had been dancing with over towards the corner. Her hands scrunched up by her eyes as she rubbed the corners. She tried to lift her upper body from the floorboards but for some reason, her entire body felt drained and heavy. It's almost as if she didn't have as much energy left in her like she usually did. Sometimes she felt like this after going on a day-long-plus bender but somehow, it didn't feel the same. "We were dancing, and then-"

Again, how did she end up on the floor?

She didn't remember lying down to sleep on it.

"-Then I killed you." Damon finished her sentence for her as she started to rub the back of her neck with her grimace on her lips. The way she moved was almost comical. It looked as though she were imitating someone who was drunk and high at the same time, times a hundred. Every time she tried to get up; she was finding it hard to even try and get her footing together so her body just simply fell to the floor.

Vicki either didn't hear him or clearly didn't believe him. She tried to close her eyes and squeeze them shut as the bright light from the bedroom window hit her. It felt painfully bright and annoying, more than usual after a fun night doing her usual, "What?" She finally squinted her eyes up at him as the words finally hit home. Had she heard him wrong or was she imagining something else?

"You're dead."

"I'm dead?" Vicki obviously didn't believe him because she audibly scoffed at the audacity of his assertion. She's not dead – how stupid could someone get? She was clearly awake and breathing and the unusual ache in her neck was proof enough that she could still feel her body working.

Damon confidently nodded and leaned himself against one of the side tables, "Yeah, well, let's not make a big deal out of it." He brushed off the seriousness of what was happening to her. She'll figure it out for sure later, whether she wants to believe it or not. She'll get to have fun making a choice on either becoming a vampire or dying as a measly human. He was honestly interested to know which road she'll pick, although, either way was better than what she used to be. A useless human with no life ahead of her. "You drank my blood, I killed you, and now you have to feed to complete the process."