3.4 - The Death of Coach Tanner

IMPORTANT! Major Flaw! – After a comment, it was realised that I never put in anything about Olivia's ring. I honestly thought I did and maybe I have in later chapters, but I couldn't see it. Olivia's ring was found on her hand when she woke up – someone had put in on her finger before she woke up in transition. I've written this into the prologue for future readers.

Vampire Diaries Fanfic | Dawn of a New Day | 3.4 - The Death of Coach Tanner

It was Friday afternoon and Olivia found herself staring down at the red, black and white uniform lying on her bed. The only type of clothing anyone would ever see her wearing that showed a lot of skin – she was the shy girl and being a cheerleading had been a sort of outlet for her to be 'not-herself'. A day of acting like 'Olivia the social butterfly' with an amazing talent of cheerleading. But, it didn't feel like that anymore and to be honest, she couldn't even bring herself to remember those times. The times when just being human was enough.

Tonight was the opening game for the season and Stefan was going to be playing with the team tonight. She was very proud of him for getting on the team and a little boastful towards herself for pushing him to do so – she knew it was the right decision on getting him in that direction. She wanted to cheer for him as 'Olivia the Cheerleader' but being on the squad just didn't feel realistic anymore. She hated to say it, or even think it, but Damon might actually be right on what needed to be done.

Cheerleading was her past, one that she needed to move on from and be the person she is right now. And at this moment – she just wanted to be on the sidelines and cheer with others in the crowd. She wanted to be the supportive girlfriend and to give him her full attention. Not concentrating on whether or not she'll miss a beat or stumble through the next step. Even with Caroline's help the last few days – her movements weren't as good as they used to be. It's actually pretty hilarious, especially since she's a vampire, her skills should have improved, not gotten worse. Maybe her lack of motivation was the cause of her misgivings?

She glanced over to a picture under her wall mirror, on top of her chest of drawers, it was a photo of her in the school's cheerleading outfit in the front yard. It was taken just a few months before she left for Chicago – the last happy moment as a high school cheerleading student.

"Okay." She said to herself quietly, making up a final decision that would give her A LOT of free time on her hands. "I quit."

...

At the same time, Stefan was in his own room, writing in his diary like he has done everyday since first catching a glimpse of Olivia Gilbert. The pen scratched against the pages, his train of thought leaking onto the blank pages in front of him.

There must be a shred of humanity left inside of my brother. Somewhere deep down inside and I keep hoping. But, how do I make him see it? And how do I help Olivia protect the ones she loves from him?

Olivia said that when Damon talked to her, she could see something in him, something hidden. Is she right? Is there really something in my brother I can bring back to life? If so, just how do I do that?

As he placed his pen down to the side, a sudden memory coming back to him, a particular one at that. He got up from the chair and moved himself to one of his many shelving units, grabbing onto a small locked box on one of the higher levels. Bringing it back over to the table, he unlocked it before rummaging through for the specific item he thought of. And right at the bottom, he brought it out and into the light – it was a thin-chained necklace with a baby bird engraved locket hanging from it.

The necklace was his mother's and he knew exactly whom he wanted to wear it.

...

It was still light as everyone began setting up for the game; people were already cheering for Mystic Fall's own 'Timberwolves' and many kids were starting to get either high or drunk way before the game was even to begin. Olivia, on the other hand, was standing on her own, looking around the area for Stefan, hoping he'll arrive soon. She was dressed in her usual clothing and not a sight of red could be seen. No cheerleader outfit anyway, and she hasn't even fessed up to Caroline yet about her ultimate cheerleading decision.

Dawn of a New Day || Stefan Salvatoreजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें