6.1 - Mystery Uncovered

For those who don't read my personal message updates on Wattpad or Quotev, there has been a reason why I disappeared from all my stories lately. A family member had to be put to sleep, my best friend, my puppy. I had no feeling in wanting to continue stories but some of it is coming back to me, and that's why I'm giving you guys an update today. Updates will never really be regular but I do try, just please be patient.

Thank you so much for all the messages I received when I put up my hiatus note, they all meant so much to me!

Let me know what you think about this chapter because I LOVE reviews and they always make my day!

Dawn of a New Day has reached 500 Favs/Follows on Quotev – ahh! Thank you so much, guys! You're the reasons why I keep writing as much as I can!

Vampire Diaries Fanfic | Dawn of a New Day | 6.1 - Mystery Uncovered

Olivia didn't know what to do, much less what to say. She just stood there, less than a meter away from the threshold with the look of something between shock and horror leaking into her features. She blinked, and then blinked again but still, her sister was standing right in front of her, staring at her with such ...

She couldn't even describe what vibes she was receiving from her.

The air was filled with a tense silence and no one knew what to say.

That is until Elena finally started opening her mouth to talk.

"What are you?" The human brunette breathed, her eyes still widened at what she had just witnessed her sister do. Her heart pounded against her chest like a band of drum beats, but her voice sounded more confident than what she felt inside. When she received no answer, only a pair of unknown stares, she started to get a little angry. Her head was completely turned towards her sister, basically ignoring Stefan's actual presence. She repeated her words, putting more force into them this time but there was an undeniable crack in it, "What are you?"

Of course, she already knew the answer ... deep down. But she wanted someone to just tell her she was crazy, that this was all just some ridiculous dream and that she'd wake up any second now.

Olivia's mouth kept opening and then closing again, almost as if she were imitating an out-of-water fish. She continued to stare at her sister for a few extra moments because she knew – Olivia was aware that her sister knew what she was just by witnessing the fear riddling in her eyes. This, right now, would just be an inevitable confirmation of the fact.

"You've already guessed it, Elena." She finally spoke, her words sad and heartbreaking to her ears. This was part of the reason why she was afraid to tell Elena, or anyone, for that matter. There was fearfulness in her sister's eyes and they flamed even further the moment her sentence finished. "You already know."

Elena shook her head as her body began to shiver, "No, I don't." She denied, unconsciously taking a step back from the vampires in front of her.

Olivia felt tears prickle at the corners of her eyes, "Yes, you do." She countered, "Otherwise you wouldn't be here asking that question." She took small steps forwards so that she was in front of Stefan but this just made Elena take another step back. The young vampire felt a sting in her heart from the action.

Elena felt her own eyes welling up, "No, it's NOT possible." She pushed again, not able to believe the insaneness of the idea that her sister – her own twin sister was a blood sucking monster. "It can't be." Vampires were bloodsucking fiends, they were demons.

Olivia knew there was no getting around this anymore – no more lies. There was only the truth left because there is no way was she going to erase her sister's memory of this knowledge, she couldn't do it, and there's no way she was letting anyone else do it either. "Lena-" She was cut off by her sister's snap.