4.3 - The Founders Party

Founders Party Clothing for Olivia is on my Polyvore Account! 'Olivia Gilbert – Founders Party'

Vampire Diaries Fanfic | Dawn of a New Day | 4.3 - The Founders Party

Olivia and Stefan stepped up to the front doors of the Lockwood Mansion, their arms conjoined while a line of people stood behind them waiting to get in. The Founders Party was in full swing by the time they got there and people were gathered all around the property chatting and drinking mostly alcohol.

Olivia was wearing a knee-length purple grape dress with thin straps attached to her shoulders, she wore a pair of black heels that were already killing her feet, the necklace Stefan gave her was still hanging from her neck and around her wrist was a simple silver beaded bracelet. Elena had styled her hair into a half-up/half-down style but the difference was that a braid sectioned the parts off very nicely.

Stefan had his dress pants and shoes on while including a dark purple shirt and a nice jacket that complimented his girlfriend's attire for the evening. He had made sure to have asked what colour her dress was going to be for tonight, so they'd match of course.

Olivia held herself closer to Stefan's arm as they stopped by the front door, feeling that familiar pressure of a non-invited entrance pushing them back. And judging by the look on Stefan's face, he felt it too. Luckily, Olivia noticed Mayor Lockwood, the man of the house, starting to walk past them.

"Hi, Mayor Lockwood!" She called out to him on instinct, hoping it was at least subtle. The man turned to her and immediately smiled upon seeing her there, she sent one back in return with a small wave of greeting. All the while begging inside her head 'Please invite us in' she prayed. Olivia hadn't been over to the Lockwood's place of residence for a while now, months before she was turned into a vampire. And of course, Stefan was pretty much new to town so he hadn't been invited in before.

"Olivia, it's great to see you." He replied back, nodding to her and just as she silently hoped, he gestured his arm in with the words both she and Stefan needed to hear. "Come on in and have fun." After inviting the pair in, he walked away with a glass of clear liquor swishing around in his glass.

The barrier lifted instantly and as it did, both Stefan and Olivia freely took a step in. Olivia let out a relieved breath, she really hadn't thought to what might have happened if neither of the Lockwood's actually invited them in. Looking around, the place was obviously full of people and it was a little concerning for Olivia but she pushed down her usual fears in order to get through the night. Before leaving home she did have some blood, hoping that it would be enough to last her the night. Especially when it came to Damon.

The plan was simple – get Damon alone and away from people so she could take him down and well, snap his neck. That's something she's never had to do before so she really was going to have to rely on the demon within her for help. The normal Olivia would have had trouble wanting to actually hurt someone – but she had a job to do, and that was protecting the people she cared for and the people of Mystic Falls from Damon.

Stefan had already told her what had happened at the Boarding House hours before, and she was glad that it had worked. Now, hopefully, the rest of the night would go as smoothly as it did on making the plan.

...

Olivia was looking down at the Gilbert family treasures when she felt a hand touch the sole of her back. She looked over her shoulder and noticed Stefan standing there with a smile pointing towards her. His hand moved down to her own, now conjoining the two as they looked down together. Olivia had been staring at two particular objects on the table; her mother and father's wedding rings. They brought back so many memories for her, and it made her long for the days when they were still alive.