4.2 - The First Try

Olivia's clothing for the Founder's Party can be found on my Polyvore account!

'Olivia Gilbert – Founders Party'

Vampire Diaries Fanfic | Dawn of a New Day | 4.2 - The First Try

The next day came around pretty fast because as soon as she knew it, Olivia heard a ringing come from the front doorbell at 10 o'clock in the morning. She was sitting at the dining room table, examining the row of nail polishes Elena had given to her in choosing for the Founders Party tonight. Usually, she would be getting ready with Caroline for this party but Elena wanted her to stay home and get ready this time, wanting to have a twin-bonding session, something they haven't really had lately.

Olivia did find it strange because she could see that Elena wanted to tell her something, but it just wasn't being said. She'd have to fish it out of her later when they actually start getting ready for this party.

And it wasn't just Elena she was thinking about too when she looked at the row of nail polishes in front of her – she was also thinking about what she's gonna have to do today. It will no doubt be an eventful party to remember, especially with the plan that was going to be executed when it came to Damon. A part of her didn't like it, and god was she nervous about it too.

She just hoped everything would turn out smoothly and that no one at the party would suspect anything suspicious.

The footsteps of her brother pounding down the stairs caught her out of the gaze because her head lifted. She completely forgot about the fact that someone had been at the door, she had been so in tuned with her thoughts. The figure of her brother walked to the door and opened it, but as soon as he did, his shoulders became tense and static.

As Jeremy had opened the door; the person standing on the other side made his eyes roll with annoyance and he was about to promptly shut the door, but was stopped by the person who placed a hard hand on the door to stop it from shutting.

Tyler Lockwood.

Tyler obviously didn't like this any more than he did, especially after the scene that went down at the game the other day, the one that hadn't been played before Mr Tanner's death.

"I'm here for my mom," Tyler said, retracting his hand from the door, knowing the younger male wouldn't try slamming it in his face again. "I'm here to pick up a box of stuff-" He was interrupted by Olivia.

"-It's right here." She finally got up from the table, remembering that Tyler was supposed to be coming over this morning to pick up the antique Gilbert box. Elena was originally going to be the one to hand it over, being the person who actually cleaned every piece and checked everything to make sure it was okay, but she was currently out getting a dress with Bonnie's help. She'd been back in a couple of hours at the most.

Olivia walked over to the door, the small old box balanced in her hands, careful not to drop a most prized possession of the Gilbert family. And it wasn't just the box, there were a lot of memories inside that were gems to the generations of Gilberts. Jeremey moved aside for a second, opening the door wider so his sister could face Tyler the idiot Lockwood.

Stepping in front of Tyler, she held it out in front of her, "Please," Olivia empathised on the word before continuing, "Be careful with it and I'm not kidding either."

Jeremy couldn't help but butt in with an arrogant tone, still pissed about a lot of things, "Yeah, be careful with it, dick."

"Jeremy!" Olivia narrowed her eyes to her brother, giving him a look that said 'shut up'. She knew Tyler deserved it, but it wasn't called for and especially not after what happened at the game – she was still a bit antsy from what happened that day. A few times her nightmares have actually risen from that night – most of the scenarios were based on what would have happened if someone in the crowd knew about vampires and staked her right then and there. She usually woke up shaking on those days.