6.2 - Conversation Between Two Sisters

REMINDER – If you guys want a more up-to-date version of when an update is coming up, make sure to follow either my Wattpad or Quotev Profile. I've started, for a while now, letting everyone know when the next one will be coming. Either on that very same day or in a couple of hours after I post the notification. Unfortunately, Fanfiction doesn't have this feature which is why I only apply this to the other two accounts.

Vampire Diaries Fanfic | Dawn of a New Day | 6.2 - Conversation Between Two Sisters

Elena stared at her sister with a mixed expression, staying silent as her hands surrounded the outside of her coffee mug. They were sitting outside the Grill, instead of the inside, away from possible prying eyes and ears. The traffic going in and out of the establishment wasn't too busy but there was still a fair number of people. Anyone looking towards them was probably wondering what was going on between them – neither Elena nor her sister had said a word since they both arrived, unsure of what to say to begin the conversation.

Olivia was sitting on the other side of the table. Her fingers were wrung through the threads of her sleeves while her body shifted uncomfortably in her seat. The silence was unsettling but she really didn't know how to start, even after minutes of total and utter silence. What could she even say after everything that happened yesterday?

Olivia thought the nothingness would continue for another five minutes but her sister finally decided to speak up for the first time since arriving.

"You said you'd explain everything." She said. There wasn't an inch of a smile on her lips because it looked as though reality had finally set in. She kept her face neutral and nonplussed. Though, at least she didn't look as scared as she had been yesterday. Olivia marked that down as a good sign. "That's why I asked you to meet me here, alone." She didn't mention Stefan but the idea behind 'alone' was clear in her words.

Olivia nodded, following her sister's exact words. She was willing to do anything at this point because even though her sister had clearly realized that this was really happening – she hated not seeing that look of trust. Elena was leaning back in her chair, staying reserved in her stature and that's something she never used to do around her, ever. And even though Elena had said specifically that she wanted this conversation to be between the two of them, without Stefan, she wouldn't have brought Stefan anyway if it hadn't been said. This was something between two sisters and that's that.

Elena licked her lips and unconsciously bit the bottom one. She was internally readying herself to answer the bunch of questions she had written down last night during her lack of sleep. It wasn't exactly easy to sleep knowing your whole vision on the world had changed in just a few short hours, especially because that someone so very close to her heart had become the cause of it.

"When you google vampire, you get a world of fiction." There were so many variations of vampires throughout hundreds of books and websites that there was no way to figure out if there was any truth to the information given. Albeit, there was now proof of the creatures' existence sitting in front of her, in the form of her own twin sister. Part of her still couldn't believe it because deep down, she didn't want to. "What's the truth?"

Olivia could ever-so-slightly detect a little curiousness in her sister's voice but it was mostly filled with hesitation. She could understand why. "Elena, I'll stick by what I said yesterday. I'll tell you whatever you want to know." Although, partly she hoped that the issue of HOW she became a vampire would be passed through. But, knowing Elena, the subject of how she became this creature was likely to come up at some point sometime in the future. She also knew there was going to be more specific questions then just the general ponder she had just inquired on.