1.2 - The New Boy in School

This is the 8th update in my stories in four days ... what's happened to me? Lol. Am I sure you guys are loving it though....right?

A fair warning – unless I can get another chapter done before I go to sleep (which may not be for this fanfic); this will be the last chapter until next week. My assignments really do have to take precedence starting tomorrow. Two of them are due Friday ... and I haven't even started ... eep!

Vampire Diaries Fanfic | Dawn of a New Day | 1.2 - The New Boy in School

Olivia quickly found herself in the second period; History. And she could honestly say it was the most boring course she's ever had to sit through, she could die of boredom – no pun intended. The teacher is what makes the lesson even worse too; Mr. Tanner. The definition of a 'dick' teacher for the school, he loved picking out kids and making them become fools of themselves.

She was mindlessly doodling on her notepad as Tanner continued spouting out stuff she really didn't care about – actually, it was stuff that she had already memorized years ago. All thanks to being a part of one of the Founding Families.

And soon, she'll become History herself in a few centuries. The thought always made her feel gloomy.

"Once our home state of Virginia joined Confederacy in 1861, it created a tremendous amount of tension within the state ... People in Virginia's Northwest had different ideas from those of the traditional deep South. And Virginia divided."

All of a sudden, Olivia looked up with a frown – feeling someone looking at her from behind, like using some kind of sixth sense as some people would call it. She turned slightly to where she felt the gaze, and surprisingly she saw that guy from the hallway looking over at her. If she still had warm blood running through her veins, she would have blushed deeply. When he noticed her staring, Olivia turned away herself, feeling embarrassed from being caught. But she couldn't seem to get rid of the giddy smile creeping up on her lips.

She couldn't help but feel ... human. And for some reason, the hunger for blood dimmed again. It's like the concept of it flew right out of her mind.

Suddenly a small vibrating feeling went off in her pocket. After making sure Tanner wasn't looking, she quickly got out her phone to see what the device wanted her for. There was a text message from her sister.

Elena, Bonnie and she shared this History class, unfortunately, this was one of the classes where Caroline didn't have the same.

Olivia opened the text message, hiding her phone in her lap so Tanner wouldn't see it.

The new guy's staring at you!

And the smile never left her lips as she put the phone back away, she could still feel the gaze to the side of her and she had to stop herself from looking back at him once more.

~ 8 ~

After school broke out for the day, Olivia had gone the long way home. She needed blood and this time, she didn't want to rely on human blood. There were only about two or three bags left in her mini-fridge back home, so she needed to make sure it lasted a little while longer.

Elena and Bonnie were going to be meeting her at the Grill tonight, Caroline as well, who was continuously going on about that new guy from school. She was giving out all types of details she's been able to find out – and it was a lot. According to her, he was 'Olivia's man'.

Olivia herself had shaken her head, the staring during class was probably nothing.

Although, she really hoped it wasn't.