2.1 - A New Start to the Day

On Wednesday, this story had nearly 600 views – just in one day! Wow, lol.

There's going to be a few changes through the beginning episodes since Olivia knows about Stefan being a vampire, and that she's a vampire herself. I just hope you guys like it!

There's also going to be a note at the end of this chapter that you might be interested in.

Vampire Diaries Fanfic | Dawn of a New Day | 2.1 - A New Start to the Day

Dear Diary,

Usually, when I wake up in the mornings I'm gasping for air, snapping out of nightmares that plague my mind, my soul – the devil inside of me. But this morning ... I felt different. Not only did I not wake up in terror, but I felt different. I can sense a change, I can feel it and almost taste it in a non-weird way. And, for the first time in a long time – I feel happy that the morning's come, and surprisingly, I can't wait to get to school.

For once I don't fear what the day might entail. Since my turning, all I've dreaded was leaving my room and the hunger for blood inside me would become too strong for me to handle. But I don't feel that way today ... I feel ... alive.

Because I know ... I will see him again.

KNOCK. KNOCK.

Olivia knocked on the front door of the Salvatore Boarding house, her arms rung together in front of her nervously. It was only this morning that she remembered about what happened to Vicki – she was bitten by a vampire. So, before school, she decided to see if Stefan had found out anything since last night when they talked. Even though they could have stayed up for hours last night, it was decided that they would see each other at school because there were people in the house that really did need sleep.

Not that they would have cared too much.

Olivia thought back to last night while she waited for someone to answer the door; Stefan sure wasn't like the other guys in Mystic Falls, but he was much more reserved. She could tell that there was a lot he was holding back, which was fine with her ... for now. But eventually, she hoped he would trust her to know because whenever she sees him – there's a connection she really couldn't deny. And from the look in his eyes on several occasions, he could sense it too.

She was jolted out of her headspace when the door opened with a creek and she was surprised to see someone she didn't often notice in town. Zach Salvatore. The only times she had ever really seen him was at the Founder's Parties when he decides to go. The guy was somewhat of a loner in Mystic Falls. She never really knew why, but thinking about it, maybe it's because on of his relative was a blood-sucking vampire?

He was obviously surprised to see her too as he raised an eyebrow to her, "Olivia?" Suddenly a small tense ran through his body when he realised it really was her. Olivia noticed this but didn't call it out. "What are you doing here?" He asked, cautiously.

"Uh," She started, slowly eyeing the way he shifted nervously. "I was just ... looking for Stefan."

"He's not here right now." He replied with a crispy note, his hand clenching the doorway bar, "I would say you could wait inside for him, but then that would mean I'd have to invite yet another vampire into my home."

Olivia's eyes widened with an underline of panic, "Y-You know?" Did Stefan tell him? Zach was human from the smell of him, but there was something different about him. He didn't smell very nice like others do.

Zach gave her a sarcastic smile, "I live with one already." But when he saw Olivia flinch a little in fear, he stopped and just stared at her for a moment. From what Stefan had mentioned, she hadn't actually done anything wrong, but all he could see was the girl who loved to draw and hang around with her younger brother. He would never have thought she'd be turned into one of those monsters ... especially her.