2. - Just A Taste Of All That Might Come To Be

„You’re going to live here?“ he asked unbelieving. I was glad my dad didn’t saw the apartment some days ago, Johnny cleaned up.

“Yes, my room is here.” While I said this I opened the door to my room.

“But your drums don’t fit in here.” His expression was still shocked.

“No, this is just for my bed. The drums are going to be in the studio.”

“Alright, then we should start to get your stuff up here.” It took us three hours to build up the bed and get my stuff in the room.

We were on the way to the studio to mount my musical instrument. The boys gave me a key for the room a few days ago. We made good progress, but I’m still not satisfied. My family said I’m always overambitious, but I just wanted to show that I’m as good as a man.

“Oh, they’re here. We need some helping hands,” I yelled. It was clear from the outset that nobody would answer. “Come along,” I pulled my dad and opened the doors. There were just four of the five, Johnny was missing. “Thought you didn’t hear me. Dad, that’s the band – band, my dad.” They waved and my dad smiled. “Honey, please don’t take it the wrong way, but can we do a bit faster?”

“Sure Dad, sorry. So, if these guys would be so nice and help, we would be ready in a flash.” They rose and so my baby soon stood at its new place.

“Red?”Matt asked as we stood in a row and admired the dark red drums.

“Sure. I’ve saved all my money for this.” I went still into raptures over it.

“Everything’s here and I know you’re invited, so I think I can drive home. Besides your Mom and I are going to babysit tonight.”

“Where’s Kelly?” I asked an eyebrow rose.

“She’s on a date.” We both rolled with the eyes. The guys said goodbye and I accompanied my father to his car.

“Thanks, Dad.”

“You know, when you need us, we will be here,” he reminded me.

“I know,” I said as I hugged him. He put a kiss on my cheek, got on his vehicle and soon I just saw the car faded at the corner.Before I drove home I asked Matt where he lived.

Johnny wasn’t home when I arrived. I just went into my room, picked up my suitcase with cosmetics, went to the bathroom and took a shower.

Usually I didn’t wear makeup – because when you’re at the drums it’s more than disgusting when the full shit comes into your eyes – but today I put something on my skin. Black eyeshadow, a little bit mascara, some rouge and I could devote my time for my hair. With the curling iron I made a few curls into my bright hair and when I entered my room the little dog was sitting on the bed – MY bed!

“Peanut, down!” I shouted at the dog, who just watched me with an innocent glimpse. I put him down, put my suitcase on the furniture and searched for an outfit.

I picked a tight black skirt, a light blue shirt with a cowl-neck and black high heels. Not my normal choice, but I was going to meet the girls and I didn’t want to look like I wouldn’t care about my clothes.

I took my handbag and when I was about to leave the flat and went to Matt I saw a yellow post-it on the door:

Could you bring Peanut?

“Peeeeeeanut,” I yelled. I heard his steps on the laminate and his tail was wagging as he saw the dog lead in my hand. I fixed it and we went down the street. Matt told me it wasn’t far away, so I decided to take a walk. A very, very long walk with this animal sniffing and peeing everywhere. So I screw up condition two – on the first day!