3. - Falling Into This Place, Just Giving You A Small Taste

I woke up, because there was an unpleasant traction in my stomach region. I knew exactly what this meant. I got out of bed and sprinted in the bathroom, knowing my beauty suitcase was still in the bath. I rushed in without looking right or left. I stopped because there stood a half naked Johnny in front of the mirror.

“I need the bathroom. Now!”

“Jesus Christ!” he exclaimed. He looked at my direction and I saw a red line streaming down his head. “You scared me to death.” He was still glaring at me. I rummaged in my suitcase until I found an applicator tampon. I stood there, my ass outstretched as I realized I was only wearing hot pants and a bra. I hadn’t even changed when I went to bed, but why hadn’t I undressed my bra? I never sleep with! But my stomach reminded me, that this wasn’t the time to think about it.

“Just two minutes,” I pushed him outside, closed the door and opened it after two minutes.

“It’s all yours,” I said while going to my room. I closed the door and took a 2x Shirt out of my case and put it on. I checked my phone, but there was neither a message, nor a call. I checked the time, exactly 12 a.m. I picked up my clothes for the day. There was not enough room for a closet so I had to live from my trunk. I didn’t want to wait here anymore so I decided to brew coffee.

But when I entered the kitchen there was already a can full of the brown gold. I took a cup and filled it. “Are you going to do this shit every morning?” a bad-tempered Johnny asked. There was a scrap of TP on his head, but he was dressed.

“Coffee?” I asked innocently and held out my cup.

“No actually I brewed it for you, I don’t drink coffee.”

“You prefer beer in the morning, um?” I took a sip. He didn’t answer. “When did you come home?”

“I woke up in Val’s garden, everybody was gone and I searched for peanut. Then I remembered you took him so I walked home. Think I came here at 6:30 a.m.” I grinned from ear to ear as I visualized it.

“So, is the bathroom free?” He nodded and mumbled something I didn’t understand. I took my clothes and locked the room after I entered.

Thirty minutes later I stood again in the kitchen and refilled my cup. “You like the girls?” Johnny, who had removed the TP, asked as I joined him in the living room.

“Yes, they’re really nice.”

“That’s such a stock response. Be honest.”

“Take it or not.” With my hands I thrummed on my legs.

“Jimmy always did this, too. I think it’s a drummer thing. I visited his family yesterday.” He hoisted the little dog which stood in front of the couch and looked at him with his puppy eyes. While he was busy, I took the chance to look carefully at him. He had a mohawk, the rest of his head was shaved – and there was still the little wound on his head from the incident. His face graced a ring through his nose; his brown eyes were still grounded at his little dog. But the most beautiful thing was his smile. When he smiled it still reached his eyes and you have to respond it. He mostly smiled when his pet was around him, I realized.

It was awkward for me, when they talked about their last drummer. Sure I wanted to know something about him, but I saw the pain in their eyes, when they recalled that Jimmy has died. “I’ll take a walk with Peanut,” he said, after I hadn’t reacted at his last sentence. I decided I could read my book, so I fetched it. This time I wasn’t really into it, my mind always drifted away. I reread this book so often, it was quite tattered.

“Ready to go?” I heard my roommate’s voice from the corridor. I rose, took my sticks and followed him to his car. It would be ridiculous if we’d ride with two cars, so I took a seat in Johnny’s.