9. - A Heart That Hurts Is A Heart That Works

Hey guys.. I have to say, maybe I'll upload the next chaper earlier than expected, as my new internet stick hasn't arrived yet and my old one is only active till the 4th of November. So, I hope you'll like this chapter as well - comments are very welcome :)

When I woke up I was in my room. It was hard to open my eyes; it felt like they were stuck together with glue. My throat was so dry and my head hurt that much. I rose up and decided not to turn on the lights. I was wearing the clothes I had put on the other morning after waking up. I climbed out of the bed and opened my door. Everything was dark as I walked into the kitchen. I filled a glass with water and took a sip of it while looked at the clock. It was four in the morning.

The air became thicker in the room and I just wanted to get some fresh air. I walked to the main door and took my keys from the commode, grabbed my phone which laid also there and returned to the kitchen to catch my good friend Jack. I saw Peanut and decided I could take a walk with him, realizing he couldn’t sleep any longer either. I didn’t waste time by looking into the mirror – I knew I was looking bad as I had cried the whole day.

The two of us went down the street and headed left. I wanted to walk to the beach and it took only a quarter till I would arrive. I hadn’t even bothered to take the leash but Peanut just walked by feet happily. After we had arrived at the beach I took off my shoes and sat down while the dog ran around. I licked my lips, which were totally bitten. A reason I got my labret some years ago was that I started biting my lips when I got nervous, so I could nipple on the ring instead.

I opened the bottle and took a deep sip watching the dog that was playing with the waves. I didn’t want to cry anymore but my thoughts drifted away. I always had the day in mind when Bryan asked me if I want to marry him. I actually wasn’t someone who believed in marriage, but I thought he was the love of my life. I was so fuckin’ blind! I took another sip and licked my lips again so I wouldn’t waist a drip.

Suddenly the dog walked down the beach, he seemed upset. “Peanut,” I yelled and whistled loudly. He looked up and walked at my side. He seemed exhausted and laid down at my side. I patted him and watched the waves arriving at the beach.

My phone in my pocket vibrated. I pulled it out and saw Matt’s name on the display.

“You okay? Where are you?” he asked as soon as he knew I had answered his call.

“Yeah, I’m fine. I’m at the beach, I needed to go out.”

“Well Johnny is freaking out, ‘cause you were not there when he looked after you. He called us all and alarmed us.”

“Why didn’t he just call me?” I asked confused.

“Think he was too upset to think clear,” Matt chuckled. “Whatever, we’ll pick you up, don’t go away, Missy.”

“Matt, it’s like five in the morning or so, just go to bed.”

“We’re soon there.”

“Oh, and Matt? Tell Johnny Peanut’s on my side.”

“Well I don’t think he even noticed he’s also not there, but I will. See you.” I hung up and stared at the ocean again and waited for Johnny and Matt to arrive.

Actually it wasn’t just the two of them. I could make out four figures who headed my way.

“If you ever went like that again I’m going to kill you, Kimberley,” Johnny shouted as he stood in front of me. He never ever had called me by my full name. “You could have left a message!”

“And you could have called me on my phone before waking everybody,” I just said.

“Oh, you’re here with my good old friend,” Zacky said and sat down next to me and took the bottle. “How are you?”