12. - We Gotta Move On, Dear

It had been two days since the meeting at Zacky’s as I drove down the driveway to a big sandy-colored house. If I wouldn’t see Matt and Zacky’s cars I would have thought I was wrong. I saw also Icky but stayed away since the biting accident.

“Where’s the short shit? First he ordered us here and then he doesn’t show up,” Matt asked.

“I’m just as wise as you, guys,” I said and sat down on Matt’s hoop. He stormed towards me and put me down.

“Don’t you ever sit ON my car again!” he glared at me and I simply nodded. We waited five more minutes until Syn’s car arrived and he, his wife and Papa Gates got out.

“What’s this all about?” Papa asked. Good question smart one, I thought.

“Don’t know,” we all said and shrugged our shoulders. I had pulled out my sticks and played on a big stone which laid on the way. We waited another 5 minutes until Johnny’s car arrived. He and Adam and an elder woman got out. With a big grin on his face he came towards us.

“I see every one’s here. So let’s go inside,” he said. I rose and dusted myself down. “Oh and mom, that’s Kay. Kay, my mom,” he said as he passed me. I waved at her and she smiled shyly.

Johnny whipped out some keys and opened the door. We all changed a confused glare before we followed him. When we all stood in the doorway he shouted “Welcome to Johnny’s castle.”

“Should I buy a watermelon?” Papa Gates and all women laughed while the guys didn’t understand anything.

“Wait! You’re going to buy this house?” Syn tried to get it on the line.

“Actually I have signed the papers a hour ago. I’ll show you around,” he said eagerly.

“You bought this house?” his mother and I said in union.

“Yup, I’m a house owner now.” He walked around and the others followed him.

“Fuck you, Johnny!” I mumbled and didn’t move a feet. I had known it was a bad idea about making out with him! He could have said anything! I was about to leave the house but I really wanted to talk about it and besides my car was in the middle of the others so I couldn’t leave. I followed them and saw that they were standing in a big living room.

“Johnny, I need to talk to you for a minute,” I knew I didn’t sound very nice but it shouldn’t be a love talk.

“Sure … uhm … outside?” he asked uncertain. I just nodded and followed him as he stepped through a glass door into the garden.

“So what do you think? You like it?”

“If I like it? Actually I haven’t looked at it ‘cause I’m so fuckin’ pissed! Why didn’t you say anything? If I had known this I wouldn’t have slept with you!” I had lowered my voice for the last sentence. I didn’t know how much you could hear inside. “You hadn’t had to buy a fuckin’ house just ‘cause of that! And it had been really great if you have fuckin’ told me before signing a contract!” Don’t know which octave my voice had reached but it was pretty high.

“Would you listen a fuckin’ second for god’s sake?” He yelled at me and I closed my mouth. “I didn’t buy the house just for me. If you had just waited you would have seen, that there’s a room upstairs for you. Zacky had told me you would get a dog so I thought it would be better if we had more room. Be honest, the apartment is too small for the two of us, especially with dogs. Give it a chance.” He wasn’t yelling anymore. “Oh and by the way,” his voice was just a whisper now. “I don’t regret anything.” He winked and walked towards the building.