Chapter 1 - Stuck in the moment [Justin Bieber Love Story]

Silence filled the empty room; you could have heard a pin drop. Mum circled the room like a blood thirsty shark, making me tense up. I let my eyes scan the room slightly, trying not to make eye contact with the full room of my family. Dad ran his hands through his shaggy hair, a frown showing clearly on his face. My brother, Jesse, sat there texting to someone, occasionally letting a slight chuckle come from his lips. He didn’t care about the situation; he probably loved it inside. I just wished my sister was down here and not upstairs asleep, just the slightest sound would make me feel a little better. Finally, I heard the sound of someone’s high heels, clicking against the floorboards. The police officer who had asked us to address her by her first name, Amanda, entered the room. I watched as her right eyebrow slightly raised and she cleared her throat, making my family look up then, realising she was back. 

“I’d like to speak with Ashlee now.” 
I got up nervously from the black leather lounge and followed her to the next room, taking a seat on a creaky wooden chair. 
“What were you doing tonight at 9pm?” She said, watching my expression carefully. Her brown eyes stared straight through me.
“Uh,” I hesitated.
She frowned, “You won’t get away with this missy, so make with the story, the real one?”
I sat there feeling defeated, I really wish peer pressure wasn’t such an issue nowadays. 
I let out a small sigh before answering her question, “I was in a car.” 
She leaned a little closer, “And who was in it with you?” 
“My friends,” I answered quietly, looking down at my hands. 
“Must I bother asking for every detail and getting a small response back? Could you tell me everything?” She said, looking a bit fed up. It was late, everyone was tired and over it. 
“I was at a small party with a few friends. Just the usual before a few extra kids I didn’t know came...”
“How many?” She asked, interrupting. 
“Uh, about 20 actually,” I admitted, “Some of them brought alcohol and well everyone started drinking. I didn’t of course, being only sixteen. So later on when we eventually ran out of alcohol, everyone asked me and my friend Mia to get it.”
“And I’m guessing you said yes?” She interrupted, again. 
“Yeah” I said frowning at my response. 
“So you all went? A group of 5?” She asked, obviously knowing the story from talking to Mia about 10 minutes ago.
I nodded, “Yeah, and we crashed.” 
“Ok, that’s all I really need to know now, it’s a bit late but I’d like to see you and Mia at my office tomorrow at 10:30”

I put on a fake smile and nodded before getting off my chair and leaving the room. I passed my disappointed looking family, all on the lounge together. I whispered, ‘goodnight’ to them before walking upstairs and locking myself in my room. 
A tear slid down my face, landing on the pillow. I closed my eyes, trying to stop the tears, tonight replayed over and over in my mind. I felt something nudge into my leg, and I looked down to find my 14 week old puppy snuggling into my leg. I petted her softly, keeping my eyes shut, letting tonight replay in my mind, once again.

-
The cold air hit my bare skin, making me shiver a little. Matt put his arms around me and squeezed my arm softly. 
“You cold sweetie?” 
I nodded, leaning into his arm. I didn’t want to go get beer for all the drunken teenagers inside the house but I would do anything to get away from it without being a buzz killer. I hopped into the back seat of the car, sitting between Matt and Mia. Two people I didn’t know started up the car. 
“Have they been drinking?” Mia whispered into my ear.
I shrugged, not knowing for sure. Mia squeezed my hand, as the car gained speed, now going a bit too fast for comfort. 
I tried to calm myself by thinking it was going to be fine; we were going to be safe. 
Matt spotted my expression and tensed up body and put his arm around me. 
“Baby, were a street away, we’ll be fine. Besides the guys in the front are 19.” 
I nodded, feeling safe from Matt’s arm around me, and his calming words. I let out a breath and decided to ignore the fact of the situation.
I turned to Mia and she let a small smile form on her face. Suddenly part of her eyes turned white from something in her vision. She let out a little scream before holding onto the seat for dear life. I turned my head to see the truck coming straight towards the right side of the car.

I screamed and opened my eyes, realising I had been sleeping. I walked into the bathroom and washed my face trying to get the memories of tonight out of my mind. 

-2 days later–

We exited the police station after talking to the officer for the 3rd time. She had made us come back another day for more information. I walked around my beat up old red truck and slid into the driver’s seat. 
I sighed with relief, knowing that it was over and done with and I didn’t have to go back into that police station. 
“Shall we go to the hospital now that all this is over?” 
She nodded, but a frown forming on her face, “To see Matt?”
“Yeah” I said, hiding a frown behind my hair and starting the truck. 
The engine roared to life and we pulled out onto the busy street, heading towards the hospital. The thought of my boyfriend being in hospital was like a stab to the gut. The truck hit his side of the car and he is in a coma, on life support. I haven’t seen him since the accident, but it was about time I did.

--

Hope you liked my first chapter, :)

Follow me on twitter, @JustinAusBieber