24

Leo
At first, if you saw me running out of the room like I did, you'd label me a coward.  However, I came back with a new contraption in my hands, designed to wipe out the emposi.  After connecting one last wire and flicking two petite switches, the machine clacked and made a low humming sound.  The machine worked very well, first sending a wave of electricity through the emposi to weaken their attacks then taking care of them once and for all, with the help of Grover, Sophie, Annabeth, percy, and the other demigods in the gym, of course. 

After we all scanned thoroughly we concluded there were no more emposi around.  Then, we tended to the wounded.  There were 5, and a few minor injuries; scrapes, scratches, bruises.  The worst injury by far was Clarisse.  Some Apollo kids concluded she wouldn't make it, so we lifted her up and carried her to a cot healers had set up in the gym, briefly  feeding her a little nectar. 

"Take me to camp half-blood," Clarisse ordered, "I would rather die there, it's my home," her voice sounded like it had been roughed up with a knife scraping up and down her throat. 

"Will she live long enough to make it there?" Annabeth worriedly asked. 

"Aw, your going to miss me," Clarisse taunted, then cocked her neck to the side to cough up blood. 

"I know someone, somethings... Some lovely ladies who can get her there," I said, they all turned their heads to me, even Clarrisse tried to lift her head, but it just caused a groan. 

Annabeth
I called for the taxi and sure enough the special gray taxi pulled up driven by two, what did Leo say?... Three lovely ladies... Or three lovely things.  But it was fast transportation non the less.  Percy, a healer, and I hopped in with Clarisse and buckled as fast as we could before the taxi started to lunged forward at the speed of light, driving right through the gym wall and to the lawn that used to be neat but now had deep tire tracks imprinted in its bright green grass.  Thunder still boomed and lighting seemed to shatter the sky.  Little Zeus was having quite the tantrum.  Just after I thought that, lightening almost struck the car, but we were to fast. 

"Camp halfblood," the ladies parked and turned toward us revealing their gray skin and the one and only eye they shared between the three of them.  We marched up the hill with Clarisse on her stretcher, clinging to life by the skin of her teeth. 

"Just by the Ares cabin, just right outside," she requested, her voice being barely audible.  Her breaths sounded as if an AC vent was wheezing.  Not good.  But we got her there and set her down just outside the cabin where she requested, where she spent her last few moments alive. 

"May she be judged well in the underworld," we knelt before her.  Campers and students from half blood high flooded around her, sang camp songs and wished her farewell. 

"I remember when I first saw her and she tried to give me a swirly and instead I erupted the toilets and came out not a drip wet," Percy smiled.

"That was a fun day," Annabeth put her arm around mine and rested her head on my shoulder.  Leo, Piper Hazil, Reyna, Nico, Jason, Grover, Trosen, Frank, and soon the whole camp huddled around in a big mass.  Little by little breaking apart and away, until just Percy and I remained,  laying down, staring up at the stars as we remembered Clarisse. 

_____________________
AN
Yeah, that's it.  The end, of this story at least.  I will be making edits to past chapters, so some parts might be different. 

When I lost a loved one, my family huddled in a ball and mourned that day, unable to process that she was gone.  Me, being little, soon went on to play with my brother with a tiny angry birds set.  And had a restless, sleepless night.