8

Percy
Was I dead? I was seeing a bright light. No I couldn't be dead. Hell looks nothing like this, and I should know.

"Percy, it's your first flooded house. So proud. You need to control your strength, or things like this will happen. Be lucky I'm not Athena, she would've chewed your ear off. Nag nag.   But your old man understands.  That place was getting old and dusty.  So... How do you like it?"  Poseidon waves his hand across the room. 

  A blue kitchen stands tall and proud in front of me.  The smooth counters seemed to be made of fused sand and shells.  The walls were different shades of blue that made wave patterns. There was a wall halfway separating the kitchen from the lounge area. The lounge held gray leather couches, and dark wood tables. Was this... All mine?

"I love it!" I felt like jumping around like I was five again.  I even had to bite my lip to refrain from squealing. There was just one thing I had to do. I ran to find my room. When I did find it, I took in the view. It was sea foam green, with tin rainbow hippocampi hanging from the ceiling. There was a fountain full of dramatcha for iris messaging, a drawer full of clothes from Aphrodite, a flat screen that opened with an ocean picture, and a black leather lazy boy that actually heated up.  Awesome! There was a small closet with blue blankets, sheets, and pillow cases.  And my bed... It was a water bed with a blue warm comforter, it felt as soft as a cat's fur, and it was extremely comfortable.  In very little time, I was out like a light. 

Piper
Percy had just vanished.  It was so sudden and odd.  Then, we discovered that Percy's apartment had a big "for sale" sign.  He wasn't anywhere.  We started to get real frantic.  I bet some evil monster, or even Tartarus, captured Percy. Hazil had gnawed her finger nails to stubs, Leo's fingers couldn't stop drumming and fiddling-although that was normal- I had bit my lip until it bled and Jason made me put on Chapstick, and Frank twisted his shirt in knots. 

We jumped out of our shoes when a big clap of thunder sounded.  That's impossible, I'd looked at the sky 5 minutes ago, and it was fine.  What even...? Oh!

"Zues," I said firmly.

"Hello young demigods!" He bellowed. "Your friend Percy, Poseidon scum, is not dead."

"You could have told us that before Hazil nails were stubs, Frank's shirt was one huge knot, and pipers lips were red with actual blood!" Leo called out, throwing his hands in the air.

"Watch it repair boy," I said. "Zues, why have you come here?"

"Oh just this-"

He snapped his fingers and I felt like I evaporated into a cloud of atoms, then slowly, I reformed into a solid mass. 

Hazil
A handmade banner hung in a kitchen.
Welcome to your new home Hazil!

Wow! But I also liked my old home.  This living room had tan leather couches and a cool flatscreen.  The walls had a gleaming ruby effect, and the counters glinted with gold.  The whole house was for me, and it was my style.  There was a door that I haven't yet explored.  I turned the cold metal handle, with a key in place to reveal another room.  Frank sat on a lazy boy, choppily exhaling in relaxation as the chairs vibrated.  A handmade banner a lot like mine hung on the walls:

Enjoy your new home Frank

"Frank! I got one to," I pointed to the other side of the door. We spent the rest of the evening touring through our new homes. This was... cool.  We settled down on the couch and watched a black and white silent movie with a large bowl of butter filled popcorn- which vanished before the movie was halfway done.  Snuggled into a blanket by a nice electric fire with Frank: perfect.  Just then, there was a knock on the door, and Leo's voice, loud and proud, rang right through the thick wood.  I didn't want to get up. 

Frank answered the door, and pulled Leo into a headlock. It had only been a year ago the kid had "died" fighting Gaea, but when he returned on Fastus with Calypso... We all got quite the shock. He was dirty and distant, he seemed happy though, rubbing noses with Calypso, giving little bunny kisses.

I realized I was staring.

"Yo! Can't have a great movie without the Leo!" He yelled, and pulled Calypso inside. Calypso had been very shy around us, probably because of Percy. Leo was always pulling her around, while we were there, she never seemed to leave his side.

"Hey Calypso," I waved.

She waved back and motioned me forward. Cupping her hands by my ear, she whispered softly.

"Can I see you alone for a minute, please?" She asked. I nodded and lead her casually into my room, motioning for Frank and Leo to stay.

"Is Annabeth okay? I heard she got in a crash. It's awkward saying that because of what went down between Percy and I- you know," she said.

"Yeah, she's fine, already home apparently, well in her new home from the gods," I said.

"I got a home from them. It feels weird though, since they were the ones who had trapped me in my old home," she squeaked.

One long silence passed over us. I wonder what it would be like in her position. Someone she couldn't help but love, having to be ripped away from her, only to have a new guy come just as she healed. Having her most recent love come back- even if it's never been done- and take her away. No wonder she loved Leo. I wouldn't want to ever break away from someone if that had happened to me. Out of nowhere, she started to cry, and I opened out my arms. For a bit, she was crying into my shoulder, I patted her back, told her to let it out, that she was so strong, others wise, I had no idea how to help. After a few minutes there was a knock at the door. 

"Calypso, you didn't like kill Hazil did you? You've been in there a while," Leo said.  

"Oh please, Hazil would kick Calypso's ass,"  Frank retorted.

"Nuh uh, Calypso is fierce, you've never seen her when she's getting down to business,"  Leo said, snapping his fingers so sharply Calypso and I could hear him snap through the thick wood door.  The two of us cracked up quietly and decided to pull a little joke. Hermes would be proud.

I got down onto the floor... Calypso raised her knife and struck.