13

Percy
When will it be lunch! My stomach might eat my intestines. Even the dracaena we were dissecting were starting to look good, but the slime that poured out of it made a good counter argument to my stomach.

Two minutes until the bell. One minute. Finally, it rings. I get up excitedly.

"Wait, don't leave. The bell doesn't dismiss you I do," the teacher says.

Fine, fine. That's all fine. I'll just eat you instead. Mm, rotisserie. I further day dream of how I can cook my teacher.

Leo
Calypso and I agree to walk to Frankie's Gyros down the block for lunch. There are so many good options. I fog up the glass and smudge it with my fingers as I hungrily stare at the options. Using one hand, Calypso pulls me away and mockingly wags her finger.

"You can look, but don't fog up or smudge the glass, little Leo," she says in a mock parent tone.

"I want it all," I lick my lips and grin. She laughs.

"Sorry, you can only pick one meat," she teases.

We order and eat at a table for two. Best lunch ever. Reaching out, I squeeze her hand affectionately. She taps me on the nose and leans in. Oh boy! But instead a of the kiss I was awaiting, she flicks my forehead and tosses her head back with laughter. After we finish our lunch, we have ten minutes to get back.

"Do you want one," she taps her lips, gesturing for a kiss.

"Yeah!" I squeal.

"Catch me," she says with her game face. She runs out the door and down the block. Giddily, I hop to my feet and begin to chase after her. With a quick glance, I discover that my shoes are tied to the chair. Calypso! But it's to hard not to laugh. How, and when did she do that? This is why I love her.

As quickly as I can, I untie my shoes from the chair, and I bolt after her, in bare feet. I know she went back to school, so I head on that direction.  And I see it. A big gold colored drakon. Shit! To make matters worse, it's right above Calypso, ready to strike.

I've got no tool belt and no weapon. All I've got is a small, but very sharp, button that fell off my shirt. With a shake, I roll up my sleeves and plunge in anyway.

"Calypso!" I say. "Hey, I got you. After this mess, you have to lay one here," I point to my lips.

"Your confidence is amusing," a voice booms. We both look up to find Dinosys. "Go on, I'll see what you've got," he waves his hands in a continue motion.

"You got any weapons we could use?" I ask.

He lifts up his staff, which is as big as forty Leos.

"Maybe one a little smaller?" I grit my teeth, and avoid the monster's lunge.

"Mmm, no," he says bored. "Keep going."

"Leo cover for me," Calypso says, fishing through her satchel. "I have a dagger somewhere."

"You brought a dagger to school?!" I say.

"You didn't?!" She says. I guess that would've been a good thing to consider.

"Fair point," I say, diving into another roll. I taunt the monster and draw his attention as best as I can.

In a last minute, I toss my little bronze, sharp, button that fell off my shirt at the Drakon. The little button falls short and rolls aside. For no reason, I run to it. This little sharp button may be my only hope right now. Not so elegantly, I pick it up, and drop it, and pick it up again, and drop it down my sleeve on accident. I roll to the right, right by drakon's foot, which I purposely step on. Just then the little button plinks to the ground.

I am determined to pick it up without dropping it. But I do drop it, right into the sewer. Is nemesis poking a voodoo doll of me right now with, like, a dagger of something? Gee thanks nemesis.

Without really thinking, I rip off my shoe and hit the drakon in the face. And the drakon crumbles to dust, despite a surprised Dynosis.

"Must have been that little Bronze spike on my shoe!" I say.

Calypso walks over to the dust pile and pulls out a dagger.

"Oh. That makes more sense," I say.

"What! No 'thanks calypso' ...nothing?!" She stares at me.

"Thanks," I say. "Oh and, about that kiss," I lean forward. She grabs my face and cups it.

"I love you repair boy," she gives me a kiss.

"You smell like cinnamon," I say sheepishly, not knowing what else to say.

"Leo, for my sake, never change," she grabs my hand and we walk back to school.

Annabeth
Piper, Jason, Percy, Reyna, Hazil, Frank, and I all sit together at a table. Leo and Calypso went on a lunch date. It's been a while since seaweed brain and I had a date, of course the whole car crash thing got in the way a bit. When lunch is almost halfway done, I make a decision, and pull Percy out of the cafeteria.

"Wise girl, I was talking to Jason, what's so sudden and important that you have to pull me away from the squad?!" He joked.

"Squad?" I teased.

"So, you pulled me away because...?" He waited for me to finish.

"Tomorrow night, you and I. A Date," I held his hand.

"Sure," he pecked me on the cheek.

"Oh Percy!"  Lindsay called in her annoying voice.  It reminded me of cats nails on a black board the way it seemed to screech.  Sometimes she reminded me of the jeopardy Sphinx Percy and I saw in the labyrinth.  Too much eyes shadow.

"What do you want," he turned. 

I turned with him and we both gasped in unison. Standing right here was someone I hadn't seen in a while.  This was because he was supposed to be dead.  He still had a little scar, showing his unsuccessful tangle with a dragon.