3

3 months later

Percy pov

Back to Tartarus, I mean school, already. Where did my summer go. I only have a week left.  I'm not ready for tenth grade. I still need to prepare for dealing with people. At least I will see my wise girl. And maybe that black haired girl too. What was her name?

Then, there's a loud crash. I sprint down the steps of my mom's apartment, and see smoke coming from the street. A car crash. There's two cars, a red truck- the back full of boxes- that's smoking, and a tiny silver car. I panic. That car looks a lot like Annabeth's. Then I see the listens plate and my stomach drops 1,000,000 feet. This is Annabeth's car.

I watch in horror as the paramedics haul away a singed and unconscious Annabeth on a stretcher.  Balling up on the side walk, I tear up and start to full on drench myself with tears.  I prayed to every god I could think of, even Thanatos, death himself, that Annabeth would be okay.

Hours later my mom came outside with cookies and milk. 

"Percy, honey, let's go inside.  Annabeth should have visiting hours tomorrow.  The faster you get to sleep, the faster it will come, the sooner you get to see her."

*****************

At least I didn't have to worry about nightmares.  I didn't sleep a wink.  But I was living a nightmare.  Annabeth.  Annabeth, Annabeth, Annabeth.  That was all I could think of.  What if she died? Or changed completely? I didn't even need to sleep to have nightmares.  My head was going through every possible bad outcome that could happen. 

*************************

My mom yanked me out of bed and dressed me.  I felt like her doll.  She left me to go get breakfast and I sat alone.  A puff of perfume blew through the air in the room.  Looking up I saw Aphrodite dabbing a handkerchief  in her eyes.

"So sad.  Oh and I came up with a ship name and you guys had a little fan club.   Percabeth, you two were so perfect for one another," she blew into her handkerchief.

"Is she... Dead?" I croaked. 

"Oh, heavens no!" She said.

Okay, that minuses about 500 terrible sinarios.  But there are still about 10,000,000 left in my head to dwell on. 

"Dear," Aphrodite paused. "She can have visitors today, but she's still unconscious.  But the fates tell me she will wake up.  Curse Nemesis, no good luck goes unpunished.  She praises luck like a religion.  I should have a few words with her.  Percabeth was an amazing story."

And the goddess disappeared.

Annabeth pov (earlier on)

Can't wait.  I'm going to surprise Percy, I'm coming home today.  Going down the highway, I went slower than usual.  What if he changed?  Found someone else?  Doesn't care?  Got killed by a monster?  We didn't keep in touch at all.  I hope he hasn't changed. There was a truck speeding down the highway at an uncomfortably fast pace a little ways behind me. Checking up on the truck through my side mirror, it's getting closer and not any slower. I glance at my front mirror, noticing the picture of Percy. My seaweed brain. Bang!

The red truck crashed into me.  My vision starts to blur, there's pretty lights, and loud noise. 

"Oh my gods," I hear one girl say.  The voice sounds familiar.

"Come on let's get out of here," another familiar voice says.  "We have to go, Piper, now!" 

"Oh my gods, Annabeth? She's not replying.  I'm so sorry," the first voice, Piper, says.

A sweet taste of soup fills my mouth (ambrosia), and I swallow. There's loud footsteps running away from me.  And then I blacked out. 

Pipers pov

"Come on Pipes, omg, your such a slow poke," Drew complains.

Drew used to be my enemy, but after three weeks of Aphrodite's Magic cuffs they finally came apart.  But we stayed together, as besties.  I know corny.

"Hold on, I need to fix up my makeup," I replied.

We were going to Lauster mall in New York for back to school shopping.  We hopped in a truck Connor Stall lent us, but we checked for traps.  All clear.  Apparently not.  As we were going down the high way the car was going really fast.

"Uh pipes, the car won't slow down," Drew said.

"Drew, you better not be messing with me," I said trying to turn the radio on, only getting loud static.  It wouldn't turn back off, and the volume wouldn't go down. 

"Pipes, change the station, or turn it off!" Drew said annoyed.

"I can't!  Can we just pull over?" I wished out loud. 

"Dammit! The friggin brakes won't work!" Drew shouted, stomping on the brakes.  "I'm going to kill the stall bothers.  But I'm going to do it slowly and painfully."

"We're going to crash!" I screamed.

We both jumped out of the car just before it crashed into the car in front of us. 

We immediately went to the wreckage and pulled the driver out of the car.  No one else was with her.  I look down and realize with horror who it is.

"Oh my gods," I say.

"Come on, let's get out of here," drew says. "We have to go, Piper, now!"

"Oh my gods, Annabeth? She's not replying," I pause. "I'm so sorry."

I shoved some ambrosia in her mouth and ran.

Oh my gods, we crashed into Annabeth.

Percy pov
I spent the whole night by Annabeth, she was unconscious the entire time. Finally I drifted to sleep.

Nurse pov

I was happy to see an old friend from camp half blood, just not unconscious on a hospital bed.  Me, being a son of Apollo, took an internship at NY county hospital.  Annabeth had been unconscious for 2 days so far.  That kind of hit probably would've killed her or done some damage, but it looks like she got some ambrosia from someone.  I gave her another square of nectar, a sip of ambrosia, and a little bit of healing herbs, and she swallowed.  She was coming to.

Annabeth pov

"Woah where am I? What happened?" I asked

"Annabeth," a teenager with dark hair said.

"Is that my name? What's yours?" I asked.

He started to breath fast and tear up, and he totally broke down.

"You smell like salt.  Seaweed..." I was remembering something,  "your seaweed brain, my boyfriend.  Right?"