14

Annabeth
"Oh my gods!" I huffed, having trouble controlling my breathing.

"Dido," Percy was as wide eyed as me.

"Luke! How...how are you here? You should be...dead," I pushed my open mouth up with my hand.  How was he here?

"Silly Annabeth. Your not the only one who escaped from Tartarus. And you still look like you were just there.  Did you ever take a shower since then?" Lindsay added in snottily.

"Hey, babe, give her some respect.  Word on the street is she saved the world," Luke smirked. 

"Yet she can't bother to take a shower, or put on some lip gloss.  I put on mine, and my lips are moist, perfect for kissing," she tapped Percy in the shoulder.  Gods! I will punch her in the mouth until she can no longer talk. 

"Annabeth," Luke wrapped his arm around me, sending cold jitters up my spine, "we have a lot of catching up to do.  Let's say we catch up later today?" he winked. Was Luke flirting?! He never flirted with me.  Lindsay had set this up.  Luke was still dead, and I was going to prove it. 

But then, Luke pulled me into a kiss.  His face was icy cold, his lips felt like sand paper.  This was definitely not Luke.  When he pulled away, I coughed and spat, trying to make my point clear.

"Why you-" Percy threw himself at Luke, but I pulled him back.

"I got this," I reassured him.  Percy nodded in understanding.  I love the trust in this relationship.  "Luke, you are not real, just a mindless underworld sole.  You have no real life anymore, and you are not you, only the worst pieces left of you sewn together to make a disfigured illusion. Goodbye," I waved my hand across his chest, and it went through like magic.  What was left of Luke vaporized with a hollow wind. At that moment, I pulled Percy into a kiss and heard a frustrated grunt come from a blood thirsty Lindsay. 

I had to be careful.  If she was willing to arise a cold, lifeless remnant of Luke to stir up my relationship with Percy, who knows what she might do.

Linsay strode back to where we stood, gave me the death stare, and blew Percy a kiss. She was planning. From her facial expressions I could tell she was digging a deep plot. Two seconds later, she marched back up to Percy, yanked down his shirt, and pulled him to her face.

"See you in math seaweedbrain," she rubbed her nose against his and walked away.

"I'm going to kill her," I said grouch gritted teeth.

"I'll hold her down as long as you let me punch her after you."

Piper
It was a Friday night, and I hung out in my new home I, with help from my dad, bought last July. It was amazing. Star lamps imprinted the walls that were painted like a cloudless night sky.  Right now, I lounged in the living room that had gushy couches that were deep brown, and fully stocked with various shades of brown pillows.  The whole house was just like Oklahoma with dad before the war with Gaea.  It even smelled like campfires and dew.  There was a big mural at the beginning of the hall, with so many pictures, Jason and I, the seven, you name it. 

To my left, the little table made a sawing sound as my phone vibrated. I'd gotten a text from... I don't really know. Apparently, her name is Sandy and she somehow knows me.

Hey, I'm sandy. Do you remember me?

No, I honestly reply.

I know about your dad. I even know about the whole loyalties test with Encaladus, and how you were willing to give your friends up. I also know about that thing that happened on Sunday. I will leak it to the whole school, unless you... Do something for me.

Wow, that was not quite what I expected; hey, I don't really care if you remember me, I'm just going to bring on the blackmail.

What might that thing be? I ask. What's the best she's got?

First, don't tell anyone about this. Second, Percy and Annabeth... Break them up. A friend of mine is very interested in Percy.