6

Hazil pov

I went with the others to spy on Percy and Piper.  He opened the door and we tumbled to the floor. Then Percy came in with Piper balled up sobbing. After that, we started to walk around the house more. I wandered down a hall full of Percy's baby pictures and him and Annabeth, and a "this is Sparta" poster he put up as a joke for Piper a bit ago. The hall got darker as I walked down, I went to flick on the light, when a pair of cold hands dragged me backwards. Before I could fight it off, I dissolved into shadow.

I was in an apartment room, where the curtains were shut and one dim little lamp was on.

"Nico!" I said before even turning to face him. "Why did you-"

I looked around the room. There was a collage of pictures on the back wall.  They were of his sister and him, his actual sister, Bianca di Angelo.  In one, they were hugging a tall women who was unmistakably their mother.  In another they were with Pluto, uh sorry, Hades himself. Nico actually was smiling in these pictures. It's been a while since I saw him smile. Even when he did smile nowadays, his smile was more creepy than happy.

"Hazil, I'm enrolling at half blood high. Uh, in ninth grade and all. Is here any children of Hades or Pluto there, uh," he stuffed his hand in his pockets.

"Besides me, there's Alicca, of hades and one more of hades,". I replied, studying the pictures in the collage. There were some newer ones of the war with Gaea, back on the ArgoII. 

"Yeah, besides you..." Nico shuffled.  Out of the bloom he locked me into a strong hug.  "Your a great sister," he said, making me blush a little.

I glanced at the a photo of him and Bianca, he was proudly holding up a Mythomagic Zues card, huddling into Bianca. 

"I know you miss Bianca, Nico.  I-"

He pressed his hand to my face and I collapsed into the dense shadows of the room. 

I was back in the hall with Percy's baby pictures, and Nico was there staring at one of Percy at about age 14.  Tracing his finger along the frame, he flicked the dust off his fingers and walked deeper down the shadowy hallway.

"Hazil!" Piper called. "Hazil, where are you?"

"Here," I replied.

I couldn't have been gone that long, I glanced at my watch. I was gone for a good half hour. Maybe shadow travel takes longer than I thought. Thudding footsteps echoed the hall as Frank rambled up the steps and into the hall.

"Hazil!" He said, "where were you?"

"I, uh," I really didn't know what to say. Nico wandered back through the hall, acting like nothing had just happened.

"Was just wandering through the house. It was the strangest thing, I wound up in the kitchen went out a door and after a few twists and turns, I ended up on the lawn a block away. I guess my underground sense was messing with me."

It was kinda true, my underground sense has been leading me to the strangest places lately. Last Tuesday I was at a New York museum, not even really knowing how I got there, and then I ended up 3 blocks away like a minute later.

"Ah!" Piper suddenly screamed. She shakily rose off the ground floating. She had the spirit of Delphi inside her.

"Beware demigods," she spoke in a deep voice that wasn't hers. "One shall be betrayed by a friend, a deal with the devil will bring an end. Another won't find a knowledge she seeks, the birth of a war one child will wreak."

Piper's head lolled back wards and she collapsed one the floor.

"Man, if only Annabeth were here, she can figure out what these things mean," Leo said. Hazil jabbed him in the chest with her elbow.

Jason poked at Piper like a dead dog. I, rolled my eyes, huffed, and tried to pick up Piper. But it was difficult, seeing as she a human sized, heavy rag doll.

"Lil help," I grunted. Immediately the others ran to my aid.

Piper

What happened? My heads a little fuzzy. I turned around on the couch and shrieked. Everyone was staring at me. How long had they been there? This is embarrassing.

"Beauty queen has come to!" Leo clapped.

"Hey where's Jason?" I asked. I didn't see him anywhere.

"Oh, we teased him a bout you guys being back together and stuff," Leo nervously said. "He kinda left."

"Guys!" I said.

"Hey, he can take on Gaea, but can't take a few minutes of teasing," Leo threw his hands into the air.

"Uh, it's really late," Hazil said, " can we crash here?"

We all looked over at the clock.  It was 2:00am already.  Even worse, we had school tomorrow.  Today, since it was 2:00, is our last day of summer. 

**************************

Grover was the first to crash, then Hazil, Jason, Percy, Leo, me, then, I'm not sure.  I don't think Nico even slept.  He sometimes gives me chills.  I think he gives everyone the chills sometimes. 

Annabeth
Thanatos walked toward me, and I freaked out.

"Oh, I love a good scare. But don't worry, I'm just here for the patient in room 3. I came to your room to do this."

He waved his hand and a bottle materialized.

"Gorgon's blood, drink up," he tossed the bottle to me.

I drank it, and for a moment I was suffocating, I for sure thought I was going to die. Then everything cleared up. Oh my gods! I had school the day after tomorrow. Good thing I'm an over achiever and I already have all of my supplies.

"Now-" death waved his hand- "you were never here. Off you go," and I melted into shadow.