18

Hazil
Annabeth and Percy had shown up at my house, and they looked like Scylla had just killed a puppy in front their eyes.  It must have been some sort of monster they'd faced.  They bit their lip a fumbled around their words, and paced in circles, but they wouldn't tell me what had happened.

Finally Percy asked, "so, with... Frank- you, something happen?"

It was sort of a question, a little deformed, but I understood. 

"We got in a fight," I spat.

"Frank... Uh, he, you see, he-" Percy mumbled. 

"Frank...he... Lip locked with... Another girl just this evening," Annabeth said. 

"Who?!" I shouted.

"Lindsay," Percy said carefully.   I could tell he was trying to be gentile, but, he just...

Another knock at the door. 

"I'll get it," Percy said.

Piper was on the other side, and she rushed over.  She had a lot of cuts and scratches all over her arms, legs, and a tiny scratch in her cheek.

"Annabeth texted me to come over, what is the problem?"

"Frank and Hazil fought, and he was lip locking with Lindsay," Percy informed with anger. 

"Uhg, I hate her! She just can't lay off," Piper said flicking her wrists.

"Lindsay is getting out of hand. Like Piper said, she won't lay off, we have to fix this, but how?" Annabeth said.

"We could kill her," Percy suggested. Annabeth raised her eye brows, "or we could just mildly hurt her," he threw up his hands in an "I was just suggesting it" way.

"Mildly hurt her is good," Piper nodded.

"I would go for that," I said.

"No, it's got to be something better," Annabeth said, there was a thoughtful plotting gleam in her eye. 

Piper
Ding dong the witch is gone, the witch is gone, the witch is gone!  However Lindsay is still here and she means business.  But texter girl is gone, and hasn't bothered me, in fact she apologized...sorta.

Piper your safe for now, but you've made a powerful enemy, for now I'm sorry, but in time, you will be.  Rumors fly fast.  Look out. 

Okay, so she didn't apologize, but I'm safe for now.

So, really, I'm not safe for now.  I've got to tell Annabeth and Hazil.

"Hey, Annabeth and Hazil, girl chit-chat in my room?" I asked.

"Oh, no need to move, I'm going to go," Percy got up in a hurry. 

In no time, I showed them all of the texts and told them about the Sunday thing and my fallout with the texter girl. 

"Wait, what does she look like again?" Annabeth asked.

"I was busy tackling her. But, I got a good look. She had whitish long blonde wavy hair and fancier clothes. Her skin was paler, and she had some freckles, and a pimple on her face, she also had perfect cheek bones," I said. Guess I paid more attention than I thought. Maybe being Aphrodite's daughter helped me notice small details.

"Wait, does she normally smell like overly strong teakwood perfume?" Hazil asked.

"Yes!" I said louder than I intended. 

"I think I know who your talking about.  Did she have a criss-cross tattoo on her wrist?" Hazil further questioned. 

A faint memory of pinning her arms down and seeing a tattoo on her wrist came to me. 

"Yeah, do you know her?" I asked.

"She's Alana Thomson. She's head cheer leader," Hazil said. I remembered Hazil's friend Tessa was on the squad, so she might know a few of the cheer leaders.

"How's Tessa doing?" Annabeth asked. 

"She's thinking of quitting, because Alana is soooo mean, but she deals with her because she loves cheer leading," Hazil said. 

"Isn't Tessa your sister Annabeth?" I asked. 

She nodded, but something clicked in her head. 

"Lindsay, Jen, and Karen are cheerleaders, right?" Annabeth asked.  Hazil and I nodded, "well girls, how does cheerleading sound?"

Hazil and I both shook our heads immediately.  No way, Nada, no, just no! Hazil had gone pale, she disliked this idea as much as I did. 

"Come on guys, if we made the squad, it would be a perfect opportunity to get Lindsay back!  And maybe Frank... Hazil?" Annabeth eased into that sentence. 

"I don't want to see Frank again," Hazil shook her head. 

"I don't want to be like all those other Aphrodite girls in the stereo types, that only care about looks, dating, and popularity," I ranted.  I hated those stereo types.  Desire filled in my heart to smash them with a hammer.  People under estimate me and label me because I'm a child of Aphrodite, and it's annoying.  Especially when people won't give me a chance to prove myself.  You'd think saving the world would show them, but nooo....

"Piper, do you need water, you look steamed," Hazil said.

"Come on guys," Annabeth pleaded, " it's the perfect revenge plan. Please guys."

"I'm not trying out for cheerleading!" I said.

"That has nothing to do with the stereo types!" Annabeth countered. She wasn't going to give up. But I didn't want to either. On the other hand, revenge on Lindsay...

"Maybe, when are try-outs?" I said.

Hazil looked scared. She knew if Annabeth sucked me into this, I would drag her with me.

"Fine, I'll do it," Hazil said.

"Okay, I'll do it too," I agreed.

"Perfect," Annabeth looked sinister.