16

Hazil
"It's on," I replied competitively with my game face. 

"Great, see you Saturday," Alex said. She ended the FaceTime call just as Frank walked in.

"Hazil, you shouldn't be using this," Frank took my phone away from me.

"Hey! Give it back!" I yelled, with a playful pout. 

"I don't want you using it, it could attract monsters," Frank walked toward the kitchen counter, where a gray blender glinted with mischief.

"Whoa, don't destroy it!" I said

"Hazil, it could be dangerous!" He didn't have humor in his voice.

"You don't think I can protect myself?...Huh! You don't think I can protect myself!" I shouted. The more I thought about it, the angrier I got.

"No Hazil, it's not-"

"But it is," I screamed exasperated.

Dark shadows seemed to set across his face like storms clouds. His facial expression was stony as he dared to drop my phone into the blender. He better not. Try me, he seemed to say.  I concentrated on the blender, maybe there was some precious metals in it.  With a shake and a jolt, the blender flew to me like a strong magnet, which in a way, I was a magnet.

Frank's eyes narrowed, he rose my phone in the air, and dropped it. With satisfaction, he watched the phone clatter on the marble floor. But, it didn't break, it didn't even crack. It was difficult for me to hide my smirk, and Frank didn't try to hide his anger.  He kicked my phone to me.  Red hot anger covered his face in annoyed defeat.  For a bit, he just stood there with that same look, then he turned and took long, dramatic steps to the door.  Frank had yanked on the handle so hard, it had fallen off, and I stifled a laugh, which only made his anger boil. 

The door got a hard kick from Frank, but he couldn't open it without the handle, so he trudged out the front door, and stepped in a big mud puddle that had mysteriously appeared. 

"Oh nemesis..." I sighed.  This had to be of her doing.  I smiled to myself.  Almost any other time, I would've gone outside and helped him, but I was mad at Frank.  Seeing that little schism made my day... Or evening.

Annabeth
I wanted to marry Percy. And get a bright ring on his finger to send the message he's mine, so back off!

Maybe Lindsay still wouldn't get the message after that.

"Just one punch..., one punch! A good one that would brake her nose or knock out her front teeth," I paced angrily in front of Percy, who was lounging on my sofa taking up as much room as possible. I don't get why boys do that. "Hey I bet I can take up more couch space," "no way man, I'm the champ!"

"I want to punch her too, but maybe... Off school grounds?" Percy sounded nervous.

"Right, cause your and my school records are spotless when it comes to trouble!" I said with 88% sarcasm. The other 12% was a hysterical fit, where I threw around my arms in a cooked-noodle sort of way. Throwing my little fit made me feel like a baby. A baby with a drakon bone dagger in her leather belt.

Don't worry, I won't kill her... Not now anyways. I have self control. But, I can't seem to find it right now, which is why I'm pacing and tossing around threats like a game of baseball. Strike 3, Lindsay... Your out! I could bash in her head lights, kind of like a piñata, except I'll like the prize a bit more.

"Whoa, Annabeth, you look kind of scary. Like those villains in cartoons when they're plotting. Except you are an actual threat," Percy said.

"Yeah, a threat to Lindsay's creepy romance she's planning with you. I bet she's come up with all the details for your wedding already," I spat.

"Wedding?" Percy shuddered, "wise girl... How high is your blood pressure, I think I can see actual steam coming from your ears," Percy joked in a cowardly tone.

"My blood pressure?... Way to high, how about we go to dinner? Just you and me?" I smiled.

He didn't even need to say yes, his grin said it all.

"Give me thirty minutes to get ready, I know a place. I'll surprise you," I jumped around filled with so much giddy feelings I might pop.  I can always count on Percy to make me feel this way.

******************

"How many?"

"Two," I reply to the woman at the podium.

"And one child?" she says.

"No, no children," Percy and I looked at each other confused.

"I meant you silly.  You can't date a man like that. What are you... 12?" She says with a smirk and turns to Percy, "if you want to go out with a real woman... I can give you my number," she said flirtatiously, while twisting her hand brought her hair.

"I heard there's a really good deep-dish pizza place two stores down, Annabeth.  You up for Chicago style?" Percy grabbed hold of my hand. 

"Mm, deep dish.  Let's get out of here," I say smiling. 

As we walked away Percy leaned in and whispered in my ear. 

"I new that place stunk, I didn't know what it was until she spoke.  Her breath reeked," Percy said with a smile.  I suppressed a giggle.

Then Percy stopped, his face turned stony as if a monster were around the corner.

"What? Is there a monster? Percy what is it?!" I asked. I was scared.

He didn't speak, he just turned me in the direction he was looking, like aiming a water gun at a water park, maybe hitting your siblings who had stuck their tongue out at you moments before.

But this wasn't as fun as finally seeing the water of the gun cascade off your siblings as they screech. Inside the window of the restaurant we had just ditched was Frank...and Lindsay...kissing.