Shattered Violets~37

37

Just like the night before, right before 7 pm, Damon was standing at the top of the stairs waiting for me. Watching his eyes light up when he saw in me in tight fitting black dress. Liz did a wonderful job picking out this little number, including the matching stiletto heels. I had to admit it was fun digging through my old jewelry box to find the perfect jewelry to match.

Before I reached Damon, he motioned for me to turn around so he could admire my outfit. “You look exquisite my darling.”

Choking back a gaging sensation, I forced myself to blush, using the skills I’ve learned while working at the club with Angel. When Damon smiled, I knew it had worked and he was just as easy to push over as the other perverts who spent their paychecks watching me dance.

“Thank you.” I said, as I took the arm he offered to me. Once again making our way to the dining room, Damon pulled out my chair, allowing me to take my seat.

Damon and my father quickly took took theirs and the conversation between them started. Here I was, just meant to sit there and be a pretty ornament. After a while of listening to their stupid male babble, I cleared my throat. Not surprised that I was ignored; I cleared my throat much louder. Finally, they acknowledge my presence.

Damon turned to me. “So how was your day sweetheart? Did you keep yourself busy?”

It was about time, I had been waiting for this moment. Now I prayed I could pull this off with sincerity.

“Well it was a really enjoyable day.” I started off. I told them about packing up my old things and giving them to charity. Damon seemed impressed with the gesture, while my father just puffed out his cheeks. It wasn’t until I told them about throwing a picnic for the staff the my father’s face turned red.

“What in the hell did you do that for. I don’t have money to just throw around on feeding every one that sets foot through those doors. It’s it enough that I pay them their wages and give them two weeks vacation?” He huffed.

Great! Exactly what I was hoping for.  “Well Father, I think it’s time that the house is ran by a woman. I’m sure it’s been lacking certain details since Mother’s passing.”

I watched him turn his attention away from his wine as he looked at me. “What do you mean Vivian? I am perfectly capable of running this household.”

“I never thought you weren’t, but I also know that a woman’s touch is also needed when it comes to society and events. Sooo, I’ve been thinking… and I want you two to really listen to me before you interrupt me and shut me down. Can you both do that for me?”

“Whatever do you want now?” My father asked dryly.

“Thomas, let us just hear her out. We don’t know what she wants until she asks.” Damon interjected.  

I couldn’t help but smile. I knew Damon was trying his hardest to win me over, and this could only work to my advantage.

“Thank you Damon.” I began. “Well, you both know that I didn’t want this marriage and that I didn’t want to move back here. This all happened against my will.”

“Dammit girl, don’t start with that shit.” My father interrupted.

“Thomas!” Damon giving him a warning tone. “Go on sweetheart. What were you trying to say.”

“Yes… okay… anyway, this all happened against my will and I have just two choices as I see it. The first one is to continue to fight you both tooth and nail until the day I die or the other is to give in and make the best of it.” I paused for a moment to see what they would say.