Shattered Violets~17

Pacing; I felt my heart race. It was getting close to 8pm for my comfort, and I still hadn’t seen or heard from Tone. Grabbing my little handbag, I reached for my phone for the hundredth time. Starting to shake, I sent another text.

“Dammit Violet, he’ll be here soon. Stop fucking worrying” I scolded myself. Pacing the cramped room in circles again, I worked on calming my breathing. Nothing helped; I couldn’t stop worry about Tone. Rogers was a meathead, but not stupid. What if he figured out that Tone was on an errand for me? I don’t know why, but for the first time in a long time, I almost felt like praying. Needing Tone to be safe; if he gets hurt because of me, I couldn’t live with myself.  Trying to fight the sick feeling building in my stomach, I slipped my phone back into my handbag as I looked at the clock.

Crap, I only had twelve minutes before I had to be in that damn VIP room. Checking my hair and make-up one last time; still having no idea why Damon had me dressed in the gown. Truthfully, I knew the dress was the least of my worries, but I had to focus on something else or go out of my mind. Hopefully, Tone will be here soon. Otherwise, I wouldn’t have the leverage to put an end to this game Damon was playing with me.

Unable to wait any longer, I headed out into the club. Spotting Tone walking towards me, I breathed a sense of relief, running towards him. Getting closer, I could see the sweat on his brow and something in his eyes. He wasn’t acting like himself; grabbing my arm, he pulled me back towards the dressing room.

“What the hell Tone? Fuck! Ouch! Let go.” Ripping my arm out of his grasp I rubbed the pain out of it. “What took so long?” I could feel the tension in my own voice.

“Violet, tell me, how in the hell did you get that much money? Is that why they want you, because of the money?” His tone was so abrupt and accusing.

 “Tone, the money is mine. Has always been mine. Angel will explain what she can later.” Pausing for a moment, I looked around to see if we were alone. “Did you get the items from my safety deposit box?”

“Yes, here.” He shoved the bag at me. “I don’t like this one bit Violet.”

“Either do I, but I have to do what I have to do.” Rummaging through the bag, I pulled out the cherry wood box. Opening the lid; taking out the Colt Pocketlite pistol that had once been my mothers. Pulling out the clip, quickly counted the rounds; making sure the magazine was full. Double checking the safety, I slipped the gun into my garter, concealing it under my dress. Thankful that the gown Damon required me to wear, didn’t show a trace of the weapon.

Tone broke my concentration. “Violet, do you think this is wise?”

“NO! Tone I don’t.” My tone hash and sarcastic. “Frankly, this whole thing is getting out of hand. If I have my way, it will be over tonight.”

“Violet, why don’t you take the cash and just go? You have more than enough to live off of.”

“Tone, the point is I can’t run. I’ve been running for a few years now. He found me this time, what would stoop Damon form coming after me again. Stopping it now will be the only way I can find a sense of peace.”