Shattered Violets~35

Author's note: This chapter is not for the faint of heart. Something goes on between Damon and Violet that many will not like. Please understand that this is just a story, not real life.

35

Damon took my hand into his and led me down the stairs and out the back into the gardens. The warm evening air engulfed us, as we walked for a while without saying a word. Granted I had a number of things I wanted to say to him, but I figured they’d leave me battered and bruised if I did. I hated this feeling of being trapped, but what made it worse what the fear of him causing me or those I cared for bodily harm. I knew that Damon slapping me was something that I could live with, verses him threating Angel or Tone. I had a feeling he knew that as well.  

Finally, Damon broke the silence between us.

“So what did you and Miss Cortez talk about?” His demeanor had a sense of false cheerfulness to it.

Did he really care what Liz and I talked about, or was he just trying to make small talk? “Clothes, shoes, make-up. Girl stuff.” I retorted dryly, not giving him too much information.

“Really, nothing else.” He inquired.

At that moment, I knew there was something behind this round of questioning. Nothing with Damon was as simple as it seemed. “Why are you questioning me Damon?” I asked, trying to cut him to the chase.

He didn’t answer for a few long seconds, making me sweat. Once he opened his mouth, my heart sunk fully . “You know that at any time I could bug any room in that house and know exactly what you are doing at any moment.” He told me his tone was almost light hearted. I swallowed hard and stopped dead in my tracks. Damon stopped with me and turned towards me. “What is it baby?” he asked, surprised by my sudden halt.

“What is it baby? Really, you ask me what is it? What the fuck do you think it is Damon? Do you even listen to yourself? You have to be fucking daft. I mean here I am against my will. You force me marry you and then take me to the one place on earth I don’t want to be. Then when I find a moment of sanctuary, you threaten to take that away from me as well. Am I to be locked behind  these walls for the rest of my life, only taken out when you need to show the world your trophy wife? Honestly, if you’re trying to make me fall in love with you, it’s not ever going to happen. Especially if you continue to treat me like this; you need to trust me, if I’m ever to trust you.” I told him. I knew deep down I would never trust him, but I also knew I needed to give him a sense that there was hope. Otherwise, I wouldn’t be able to pull anything and get out of here.

“You’ll get my trust once you earn it.” Was all Damon said, before he continued to walk ahead of me. “Now come along, I want to show you something.”

I followed Damon to the back of the property. As we neared the gardening shed, my heart began to beat wildly in my chest. Damon walked up to the door and opened it, ushering me inside before he closed the door behind us.

“So tell me something Vivian, Why did you run to this shed out of all the places you could have hid on the property. You could have just made your way upstairs and locked yourself in your rooms?” Damon asked.

I began to shake  as my stomach started to turn. “What do you mean?” I tried to play innocent. Did he really have this whole place bugged?

Damon bent down and started pickup up some ashes of the dirt floor. Putting them in his hand, he held them before me. “I’m not stupid my love. I know you were headed here when I followed you onto that plane. Why is that?” he asked not waiting or an answer before he continued to speak. Still holding out the ashes out to me. “When you retired to your rooms, I asked my men where they found you. They told me you were leaving this very shed. So can you tell me about this?”