Will You Stay Away Forever? 22

“Baby?” Chloe peeked into Brian’s studio, where he was busy tuning his many guitars. His head shot up.

“What is it?” He asked and put a one guitar aside before reaching for the other.

“When are Matt and Johnny going to pick you up?” She smiled weakly. Damn, that sounded wrong. Brian cocked an eyebrow and Chloe hid her hands behind her back, so that he wouldn’t see her fingers tremble nervously.

Brian smirked, “Are you planning on getting rid of me?” He asked humorously, which made Chloe shiver.

No…” She tried keeping it cool, “It’s just that Matt’s supposed to drop Jade off and I really wanna see her.” Chloe quickly said, it wasn’t a complete lie.

“You saw her yesterday…you went shopping, didn’t you?” Brian asked causally and growled when his guitar creaked.

“Yeah…shopping.” Chloe said nervously, they definitely didn’t shop for clothes or makeup. “So, when is he going to get here?” Chloe grinned, trying to sound cheerful.

But Brian read her like a book, he put the white guitar aside and motioned for her to come closer to him, which she did, rather reluctantly.

“Are you ok?” Brian asked her as he stood up, he then carefully ran the back of his tattooed fingers down Chloe’s cheek.

“Yeah I’m great, fantastic!” She gulped, but Brian remained skeptical. “Brian, I’m fine!!!” She called after he just stared into her green eyes.

“No, you’re keeping something away from me.” He stated while his eyes closed to narrow slits as he examined Chloe’s.

Am not!” Chloe gasped, she was never good at tricking Brian, he knew her way too well.

“You’re are such a liar, your nostrils widen when you lie, see?” He pointed to her nose and Chloe huffed, trying to cool down.

“Brian, that’s absurd!” Chloe complained, he just wasn’t going to cut her any slack.

He grinned, amused by her defensive behavior. “What do you and Jade have in mind? Have you booked a couple of strippers or what?” He smirked.

“No!” Chloe said way too quickly, “I don’t need strippers, I have you.” She batted her eyelashes and clung to his body, caressing his broad chest.

“Nice try.” Brian chuckled and combed her hair backwards, “You’re not going to flirt your way out of this.” He said in her ear.

“Brian I’m not holding anything back! We’re just going to have a couple of drinks and...make a pie.” Chloe improvsed.

“A pie? Seriously babe?” Brian laughed while he took her hand and dragged her out of the basement.

“Yup! A Norwegian kind of pie!” She grinned, he was wayyy too sly.

“Alright Chlo, it’s your business…If you don’t wanna share your plans with me then it’s perfectly fine.” He said seriously but Chloe could tell he was a bit disappointed with her secrecy.

A part of her wanted to tell him so badly how scared she was about the possibility of maybe being pregnant. He was her only man, and if she was indeed pregnant then he’s the father.

But she decided to keep it a secret for a bit longer, she didn’t want to rush into anything before she was certain about her condition.

“How do I look?” Brian asked and Chloe snapped out of the bubble, shocked by the fact that while she was caught up in her hesitant thoughts, Brian had managed to get fully dressed.