The Words Whispered (Ch. 33)

We went rollerskating, then to a dinner. After dinner we went to a mountain top to look at the stars. We lay on the cold snow.

When an unappealing subject came up.

"So did you hear that Stephanie might go on a date with Ashton?" He asks.

"What?" I shoot up from my laying position.

"Yeah." He says.

"Wait why are you telling me this?" I ask.

"Maybe to show that Ashton is moving on." His eyes still focused on the stars.

"And you should too." He turns to face the other way.

"What?"

"Ashton doesn't... I honestly don't think he likes you anymore." He confesses.

"What?"

"Why else would he be dating Stephanie." His voice starts to raise.

"H-he wouldn't go on a date with Stephanie." I stand up.

"Clem, he doesn't, how do you know he loves you? He's never said I loved you or anything!" He yells.

"Tristan... I hate when you act like this." My voice barley a whisper

"He doesn't lo-" I stop him

"He told me he did and besides, it's not like you've ever said it either!" I snap at him.

"W-what?" He furrows his eyebrows.

"He gave me a ring and..."

"He said he loved you?" He stares at me, his face still filled with shock.

"Last week on Saturday. That's why I didn't answer your text. I was... was on a date with him." I look down

"No."

"Yes. But Tristan I still like you."

"But not love."

"No, Tristan, I didn't even say anything back. I didn't say "I love you" the words them selves... it surprised me. I wasn't expecting it."

"And I'm honestly at the point where I'm still getting to know you both. I don't love either of you, but I do like the both of you. I like you both so very much." I look down.

"I know this isn't what you really wanted to hear on our first date b-"

"Um, it's late, I should be getting you home now. " He says with hurt in his voice.

"Uh, y-yeah. Okay." I say.

When I get home I find Nicole in the same place I had left her. I slam the door. She jumps but quickly notices my sad facial expression.

I stomp upstairs and shut the door. Seconds later she comes in.

"Clementine?" Her voice soft.

"Oh? so now you want to talk to me?" I retort yanking off my shoes.

"Okay. I'm sorry, I was being unfair." She says.

"Unfair?" I bark.

"Okay, more than unfair. But I'm sorry, that's all that matters. So what's wrong?" She replies.

"Weren't you the one saying that I'm practically an attention hog? I'd thought you'd want to do anything but give me attention." I say with my voice filled with sarcasm.

"Clem." She says annoyed.

"Okay, okay. It's with Tristan." I finally spit out.

"What happened?" She asks worried.

"He... I told him about the ring and what Ashton had said." I say.

"I could tell he was upset and jealous, but kept his cool, he dropped me home." I finish while changing into my oversized galaxy tee.

"Clementine."

"I don't want to talk to either of them right now." I blurt out.

"I don't think I love Ashton. And of course Tristan is hurt by this because he thinks I said it back. And I don't know what to do." I whine going face first into my pillow.

I was honestly just angry. At Stephanie.

*Next Morning*

I wake up and roll of my bed. I fall to the floor with a thump and a loud annoyed moan follows.

I decide to just get dressed. I wear a light pink shirt and a light tan cardigan over it. I pair that with blue jeans and tan Ugg boots. I pull my hair back into a high ponytail. I put on some makeup and head downstairs.

I find Nicole down there. She tosses me an apple and my keys. We walk out the door.

When we arrive at school I go straight to my locker. Just as I'm about to leave Tristan comes next to me. I feel his breath on my neck.

"I love you." He whispers into my ear. And walks away.

"Okay, like that wasn't weird?" I think when I spot Ashton's sister. Twin to be exact. I walk towards her.

"Hey, Lacie? Can I talk to you?" I ask her, she nods and we walk away from her group of friends.

"Does um, does Ashton like me?" I glance down at my feet.

"Ashton? Trust me, its more than like with him. He loves you." She smiles and walks away.

I smile to myself. I turn to meet a pair of warm lips. It was Ashton. I realize quickly and pull away.

I give him a hesitant smile and walk away.

I shake my head and keep walking. I want to find Stephanie. Thinking about her makes my fists clench. I need to find her.

************
Cliffhanger! I hope you liked this chapter. Comment for errors. Comment your or any ideas so I could add them in my book. Vote if you liked this chapter. And how about share this book with some friends? Bye!

♢Alabama♢