Surprise Surprise

So, this is my last one for at least a week. Sorry guys! That's why I've been putting so many up lately. Anyway, comment, vote, become a fan, do a hand stand. All of that fun stuff is really cool of you guys!

~~~~~*~~~~~

  "Oh crap." I said sighing. Just as things seemed to bet getting better.

  "I'm done with your friend Sara." Khalid was suddenly in my room and Damon was standing in front of him. "She's like us now Damon, so she'll be a little moody." He said in a sickly sweet voice.
  "What?" I shrieked.
  "Oh, don't worry, she can still go outside. I gave her my extra ring that was my niece's.” He turned his attention to Damon. “I think you'll recall the ring Damon. It looks like yours, but with a "J" engraved on it."
  "Where is she?" I asked. I hoped she wasn't hurt.
  "At the Salvatore house. I'm sure Stefan's having fun with her. She's extremely confused right now. There's no doubt that she's already tried to kill him." He laughed.
  "You're done Khalid." Damon growled.
  "Well, let's take this elsewhere, not in front of the lady." Khalid left. He was angry, but not as much as Damon was.
  He looked down at me. I grabbed his hand to hold, and kissed him. "I love you." I whispered. He laid a kiss on my forehead and left.

  The hours went by, Damon still wasn't back. I was exhausted I wanted to stay up until he was back, but I didn’t know how long that would be, or if I could stay awake any longer than I was, it was already one in the morning. I got ready for bed, and fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

Damon's POV:

  There was something definitely wrong with Khalid. Or I was suddenly very strong. I was totally kicking his ass.
  I was moments from killing him. We both knew it, it wasn’t hard to tell that he was losing strength.
  "Wait." He gasped out as he was standing on the cold hard ground. Khalid’s chest was rising heavily with every breath. The look on his face implied that it hurt.
  "What?" I replied through gritted teeth. I had a hard grip on his throat and I wasn’t about to let go or loosen up a little.
  "Don't let her go." He said heavily. He was barely standing up. The only thing that was keeping him from falling was me.
  "What do you mean?" was he playing mind games with me? If he was he would be dead faster than either one of us could blink. He must have known that.
  "You love her Damon, clearly. Don't run away from it." I couldn't believe he was telling me this. I didn't love her.
  "Whatever." And I ripped his head off. He was definitely dead now. I made it look like an accident. There was a high possibility that no one would even come out here anyway. I ran back to my house through the forest, where Stefan was struggling with Sara.
  "Damon, I need your help. Sara won't drink blood, and if she doesn't she'll die." Stefan said as soon as I walked in the door. Sara was sitting on the couch curled up into a ball. Poor thing. I couldn’t believe that I actually was feeling sympathetic for her. I bent down to talk to her. "Sara, you have to drink the blood or you'll die. You don't want to die do you?"
  "N-No..." She hesitated.
  "Then drink the blood." I shoved the cup of human blood that Stefan had into Sara's face. She took, and then her instincts kicked in and she drank.
  "I'm going to go see Aera." I said as I walked out the door.
  "She turned the light off about an hour ago." Stefan said after I left.
I went in through the window like usual, and she was sound asleep. She was curled up on her side, shivering. I put her blankets on her. Her short brown hair framed her face. It made me smile. I often went into her room at night and watched her sleep. She was so peaceful looking. When she’s awake, she often looks so very stressed out and always on edge. For that I blame myself. She was fine before I got involved with her. I blamed everything on myself. I let the thoughts leave my head and I focused on her again. She made me forget the pain and sorrow.
  She made me want to pick her up in my arms and tell her-. What did I want to tell her? That I loved her? I wasn't quite sure of that myself. She said she loved me, but that was when we both thought I was going to die.
  I was never meant to get involved with her like this. When I first laid eyes on her rich chocolate brown hair, she seemed innocent enough. I had only seen the back of her, but I could sense her spirit from the moment I walked into the school. She was different. Aera was just meant to be a toy for me to play with, and when I was done, I would drain her, and throw her away. But she caught me. What made me angry was that I allowed myself to be caught.
  I gazed at her face. Her small pink lips that looked delicious, her eyes, that when open showed her high spirit and innocence. She was what constantly filled my mind; the way her nose crinkled when she smiled, the sarcastic comments, her eye rolling. She was my world.
  I did love her. I wanted to wake her up and tell her right then and there. But I couldn't wake her now, she looked to peaceful. I would have to wait till morning.