Totally Overreacting

So, I have offficially decided that I will be updating more often. I know, I'm excited to. So, keep up the comments and votes and stuff, it is pretty awesome for you all to do, so thank you all soo much! Once again, I don't own some of these people, they are the workings of L.J. Smith. I do own the others though, so... YAY!  Anyway, on with the reading!

~~~~~*~~~~~

"What do you need?" I asked. I felt scared. His dark eyes glared at me, revealing only hatred.
  "What did Stefan say to you?" His voice was full of venom
  "He-he told me to stay away from you." I was shaking, and it wasn't only from the cold. There was definitely something going on.
  "Is that all?" he asked shocked. I wanted to tell him something else just to see his reaction.
  "Yeah, I think so." I recalled.
  "Good. Go back to class, you’re going to be late." He shooed me off without a last glance.
  "I already am." I whispered to myself as I walked back into my class room.
  "Hey Aera, how was you talk with your mom?" Mrs. Northfield asked. I was slightly confused at first.
  "I-It was good." I smiled and sat at my usual table with Mickayla. We were watching a really stupid movie about cooking. I noticed Stefan looking at me. I shot him an awkward smile, and then continued watching the movie.

  School felt like it went by fast after that. I couldn't get my mind off my conversation with Damon though. It was really strange.
  I was waiting outside the school, and I saw Stefan's Porsche pull up. I looked around at first to see if anyone else was beside me that he could be picking up.
  "Get in." He said as he was opening the door from the inside of the car. He wasn't as demanding as Damon, which was a nice break. Apparently I was today’s personal question target.
  I slid into the seat and shut the door. Stefan left the school parking lot and off we went. He didn't say anything for a while. I knew that he was waiting to interrogate me or something.
  "You're probably wondering why I'm the one taking you home tonight, aren't you?" He questioned, looking at me.
  "Well, yeah, I was sorta." I said, looking straight into his eyes. He looked, concerned in a way. I couldn't figure out why though. There didn’t seem like anything to be concerned about. There was definitely something different about the Salvatore boys.
  "I have to tell you something, something about Damon." He started again after a moment’s pause. His voice was very serious.
  "Is it about why to stay away from him?" I looked out the window for a moment then back to Stefan as I waited for an answer.
  "Precisely." He said with a quick nod.
  "Ok." I waited.
  "I know that this is going to sound fairly strange coming from me, considering that he's my brother," he said, glancing at me every once and a while to make sure that I was paying attention. "but, there is a reason to stay away from Damon. He's dangerous Aera." His voice was filled with warning and caution.

  I gave a moment’s hesitation before I asked. "Dangerous, how?" I could sense that about him, but I had been fighting off the feeling.
  "He can hurt you. He's been with plenty of girls, and not one of them has turned out remotely alright after Damon."
  "Oh..." I said, my voice trailing off.
  "I know that it's hard for you to stay away from him after he's... attached himself to you. He's basically claimed you."
  "Wait, he can't do that though. I'm not property. This is not the 19th century."
  "Just, be careful, and don't let him into your house, alright?"
  "Ok, cool thank you so much Stefan." I said, I was about to get out of his car, when I   remembered that I had wanted to ask him a few questions. "Before I leave, I have a couple of questions."
  "Shoot." He told me.
  "Why did you tell me to stay away from Damon?" I squinted my eyes. They seemed to hate each other. And I figured that mean that Stefan automatically hated me. I was wrong, thankfully.
  "I wanted you to have a fair warning. None of the other girls did, and they are all damaged beyond repair." My eyes widened. I didn’t want to ask, I knew nothing good would come of it.
  "Are you and Mickayla really dating?" I raised my eye brow in question.
  "We're dating about to the extent that you and Damon are." I had on a victory smirk and stifled a giggle.
  "One more, sorry. What's Damon going to do when he finds out that you took me home?" I asked. I knew that Damon had anger issues, and if he had ‘claimed me’ than this probably wasn’t a good thing. I would have to talk to Damon about that situation as it was.
  "Oh, don't worry; he'll get mad at me." He smiled, he looked like he was remembering something.
  "Cool. Thank you so much for the ride, and the warning." I said to him as I got out of the car.
  "Yeah, no problem. See you later.” He smiled kindly at me.
  "Bye." I said, and shut the car door.

  I had gone to bed fairly early that night. I felt mentally exhausted. I was about to fall asleep, when my phone rang. It was blaring Welcome to the Black Parade by My Chemical Romance. I sat up and answered it, not even bothering to look at the ID.
  "Hello?" I answered, my voice coarse and rough.
  "Hey babe." A sweet voice came from the other end.
  "Damon, are you aware of the time it is?" I asked, throwing my head onto my pile of pillows, of which I had about six. I was scolded by my mother time and time again how it wasn’t good for me.
  "Yeah, it's like, 10:30, were you asleep?" the tint of laughter was very clear in his melodic voice.
  "No but close. What can I help you with?" I asked. My voice was groggy, I was sleepy and couldn’t deal with him at the moment. I wanted the conversation to be over with as quickly and painlessly as possible.
  "Well I wanted to know what you did after school." He was questioning me for the second time in a day. I was not having fun being interrogated.
  "I went home." I told him. As if it was something new.
  "I was really just checking to make sure that you made it home safe with my brother driving."
  "If you already knew that he took me home, why are you calling?" I asked him in my ‘duh’ tone.
  "To check on you, love." It was strange, but I liked the way he called me love. Although I would never admit it to him, ever. I would never live it down to  myself.
  "Alright. Good night, Damon" I said.
  "Sweet dreams, love. You know, you really shouldn't sleep with so many pillows, it's bad for your health babe.” And with that, my personal stalker hung up.