Mother Dearest

So, another day another update! :D 13 votes? That would be cool!

~~~~~*~~~~~

  I stood frozen in place for a minute. I knew that the two- Damon and Khalid- were not in the house any more, which was a good thing; they wouldn’t be breaking anything or causing mass destruction inside anywhere.
  I snapped out of my trance and went to go find my mother. I knew that she had probably heard the screaming and commotion from in my room, and I was going to have to make up a reasonable explanation for her. She was sitting on the couch, reading a book.
  "Hey mom." I said relieved. I was afraid that something had happened to her before Khalid had walked into my room. Stefan said he would try to hurt anyone that they remotely cared for. That would have been a way to hurt me more than death. I’m sure he knew that as well as I did.
  "Daughter." She replied in a monotone voice. There was something strange about her. It did not take a rocket scientist to figure out that he had done something. Compelled her I think was the word that Damon used.
  "What are you doing?" I asked walking up to her slowly.
  "Waiting for you." She said in the same awful voice. There was a demonic tint to it. It made my stomach curdle.
  "What's wrong mom?" I questioned, starting to get a bit frightened.
  "Aera." She finally looked up to look at me. "You have been a great disappointment in life."
  "What?" This was clearly not my mom. I was getting scared. She was not supposed to be saying things like this to me. Even though I knew it wasn’t her, I couldn’t wrap my mind around what she was saying. That it was actually coming from her mouth.
 "You don't do anything right. You can’t do anything right. You are useless." She spat out at me with no remorse shown on her face.
   I started to cry, even though I knew it wasn't her. “You don't know what you're saying. This isn't you." I cried out.
  "It's me alright. This is something I've always wanted to say to you. You know it's true, Aera. Everyone thinks it, they all know it. No one's actually your friends, either." Her voice was back to normal, but it still wasn't the same. “Your friends pretend. I pretend. Everyone that’s ever 'loved' you, has lied."
  "Enough!" I screamed, and her head dropped down. I quickly ran to her, tears still flowing out of my eyes. I touched her face and she was freezing. It felt as if she was surrounded by ice.
I threw her legs on the couch and laid her down. I grabbed the throw off the couch and laid it over her. I turned up the heat, and waited.  I was waiting for her to come out of her trance and be my mother again. Not to criticize me. Not to hate me anymore. Even though it wasn’t her, it would still play over and over in my head again, and I knew that. I would have some stress over it. What if she came out differently afterwards? Was that even possible? I hoped desperately that she wouldn’t remember any of it. I knew she would feel worse than I did.

  I felt bad for letting it happen. If I had been with her, he wouldn’t have gotten to her. He wouldn’t have ever managed to get inside of her mind and mess it up like he did. Maybe that was how he was trying to break me. From the inside out that way I would have no energy to fight back. He was wrong. I was going to get my vengeance, one way or another.