Accidents

So... I caved and posted it anyway. I totally love writing it and it makes me smile. Smiling was good last time I checked. So... Happy reading all!

~~~~~*~~~~~

  "Mom!" I called up the stairs to our apartment in the upstairs. Our home used to be a boarding house. There was an apartment downstairs and up.

  "Hey, how was your day sweet pea?" She answered in a kind, high pitched voice. I could tell she was in the kitchen cooking.

  "It was fine." I said as I sat my backpack down in the living room. I plopped myself down in a chair in the corner of the room. My mother stood in the kitchen talking to me.

  "Who dropped you off?" she pried. My mother was often terribly nosy.

  I sighed. “He’s a friend mom. There's nothing to call the police about.”

  "Just a friend?" she squinted her eyes and looked at me with an accusing face.

  "Yes mom. Oh- I forgot my bag in his car. Can I borrow the car to go get it?" I was already mentally slapping myself. How could I have been so stupid? I shot up from the chair and ran to her.

  "Where does he live?" she groaned. It wasn’t like it was the end of the world for me to go and get a bag. Sometimes I didn’t get her at all. I suppose that’s the way it’s supposed to be with family though.

  "Across the street, up the hill." I replied sounding bored.

  "Fine, be back fast, I did notice how you mentioned it was a boy." Sometimes, my mother could be pretty cool; this was not one of those moments.

  "Just a friend, thanks." I emphasized. I grabbed the keys from the dish they were kept in, and ran down the stairs. I wasn't allowed to drive to school because my mother worked out of town, and had to drive. I couldn’t wait for the day that I would get my own car.

  I got in the familiar green car and started the ignition, then turned out of the gravel drive. I was glad that I didn't have to walk, I would have been so cold, and that would have looked awkward. Not that this won’t look strange, but I'll still be warmer. I still couldn’t believe how completely idiotic I was for not remembering to grab my bag. That was the whole reason I was with him in the first place. Sometimes I could be so stupid.

  The drive up was quick. Luckily, the road wasn't icy, as it typically was in the middle of November. I drove up to his house, and parked across the street. I took a deep breath and turned off the car and got out. I was completely nervous. I was silly for being so; there was no reason for me to be. I was simply just getting something from a semi-friend that I happened to currently dislike.

  I walked up to the house, and rang the doorbell. I waited for a second and a kid, that looked vaguely like Damon, answered the door. He looked like he was 16 or 17, but he at least looked like he belonged in high school. He had dark hair and a stern face that was equally as beautiful as Damon's.

  "Hi, is Damon here?" I asked in my most professional, 'grown-up' voice.

  "Yeah, hold on one second. Please, come in." the boy gestured for me to enter as he stepped out of the way.

  "Thanks." I stepped inside the extremely warm house, . The interior was decorated like it was out of the 19th century. The boy had left, calling for Damon. I was left to stand awkwardly by myself.

  They came back a few minutes later from what seemed like no where. I decided I wasn't paying attention though. I was to enthralled with their grand home.

  “Hey, Aera." Damon said, with his amazing smirk. "Not even gone 10 minutes and you already miss me. How sweet."

  "You wish.” I rolled my eyes. “I actually came because I left my things in your car. So, if you would be a dear and let me get that..." His brother stifled a chuckle from behind him.

  "Oh yeah, totally not a big deal." He sighed, sounding mildly disappointed.

  "Thanks." He led me outside, and shut the door behind me.

  "That was my mopy brother." Damon was walking off of the porch to his car, and I followed diligently behind. The cool air took my breath away momentarily. I walked down off the porch and met him in his driveway.

  "He does seem a bit sad." he went and grabbed my bag from his Ferrari, and handed it to me.         

 "Thank you so much, I would have been so screwed if I left it. Thanks." 

  "Yeah, sure. Have a good night." He said as he grabbed my hand and kissed it again and walked away, leaving me blushing. I looked up at the cottonwood trees towering above me. Their leaves gently flowing in the cool wind.

  I smiled. I unlocked the car and set my bag in the backseat. As I was about to open the driver’s side door, I was suddenly whipped around from behind. Damon had me pinned against the side of the car. I was searching his eyes, trying to figure out what he was doing.

  "Damon..." I whispered, barely audible. I shook my head slightly. Then, he did what I was dreading, but also some part of me wanted. He kissed me. Passionately. I surprised myself by kissing him back. He had his hands on the car and it was basically impossible for me to move. I had no idea how long it was, but when I came back to reality, I was out of breath. I had never been kissed so passionately before; it was as if something had us both in a trance. Frankly, I had never been kissed before, other than on the cheek.

  "I have to go." I said, still out of breath. He moved away from me and let me get in. I hurried up, and started the car, and drove off. I drove away from his house as quickly as I could. I tried not to shake, but I didn’t know what came over me. So many emotions I didn’t know I had sprung to life. I was shaking as an aftershock from them. He could see my house from where he lived, and I still felt that when I got home, that he was still watching me. 

~~~~~*~~~~~

Thanks for reading, comment, vote, become a fan. Please. That is the magic word I've heard. Tell your mom, dad, little sister, cousin twice removed. It's all the same to me, but it would be awesome of you! :)