Playing Games

So... I failed and forgot to check the number before I said 10 votes then a chapter. So I figured 'what the heck, I have nothing to do, and I'm putting off my chores, why not give them another one?' So, that's what I'm doing. (My mom would kill me if she found out, oh well, it's worth it!) But seriously, I already have the nuber written down this time (lets hope I don't loose it) I don't think that I will update again until 5. Yup. That's my voting requested number. Thanks again for all of you who have been commenting and voting and those of you who have just been reading! I love you all!

~~~~~*~~~~~

  His eye’s changed back to normal quickly and he shoved the picture in his pocket. He walked over to me as I stood in the middle of my room still in shock. Damon embraced me and I wrapped my arms around him. I started to sob into his leather jacket, which I felt bad about, my make-up was probably going to smear. I knew it was a bad day to put it on. Despite my current disposition, it felt nice to be held though; it felt like nothing bad was going to happen. Even though I knew it was.
  "Where did you find it?" Damon asked me, stroking my hair. I stopped my crying quickly.
  "My mom brought it home." I said, lifting my head up to look at him.
  "We'll just have to be on watch 24/7." He said, chuckling. I knew he had more problems than what he showed to me. Normal people did not laugh in a life or death situation like this. Especially when it involved 700 year old vampire that could kill without thinking twice about it.
  "This isn't funny, Damon." I said through broken up sobs. I tried to sound angry but I didn’t have the energy to at the moment. Everything was messed up and I was tired. Much too be mad at him for laughing.
  "I know love, I know." You could hear the smile in his voice. What was he laughing about?
  "What is so humorous?" I asked. He had a twisted version of funny. I sniffled and unwrapped my arms from their tight embrace around his torso.
  "The game he's playing. It's like a child's game. He clearly is trying to make us confused. It'll be alright though, don't worry. He’s getting desperate, it’s sad really." I believed him. I didn’t know why, but somehow he would be right in the end.
  "I won't. I do have one question though.” I would. I was very rebellious lately. It felt good. Like I could actually be my own person and no one could tell me what to do.
  “And that would be…?” Damon replied, looking at me curiously.

  “So, what’s his story? Where did he come from? That kind of thing.” I shrugged, stepping away from him.

  “Well, I can tell you what I know. So, first off, Khalid is Arabic for eternal; which I find very ironic in itself. He’s from France and I think he was born in the 14th century. That was a time of a rapid increase in intelligence and mathematical type things. It was in the middle of the Medieval Industrial Revolution, so tons of things were changing. He grew up on a small farm with his father. He had a mother, but she died during birth of his little sister, who also died.  He grew accustomed to slaughtering his own animals. Sometimes, he even tortured and murdered them just for fun. His dad didn’t do anything about; he wasn’t much help in his mental growth.

  “Khalid grew up and soon fell madly in love with a girl. Her name was Climençon de Cambon, she was absolutely gorgeous- or so I’ve heard, rumor had it she was known for her long golden locks of hair. They were married at a young age, he was 19 and she was 16. They grew up and had three children, two boys and one girl.

  “One evening when she was in town visiting friends, he had decided to let the children stay with their grandfather and he decided that he would meet up with Climençon and surprise her. When he arrived, the family said that they knew nothing of her arrival. He searched all evening for her. Finally, he found her in a cheap bar, upstairs, with another man. But of course, this wasn’t just a man, it was a vampire. He lunged himself at Khalid and changed him. Right in front of his wife. He woke up alone and hungry, and of course he went on a mass killing spree. He never saw his family again. Not until Juliana. He managed to discover his family and joined them in Italy- compelling everyone to think that they had known him all their life.”

  “How do you know all of this?” I asked, astonished. That was a heap of information that was probably pretty difficult to get.

  “He and I spent some time together once. He captured me, tortured me, and told me that little bedtime story one night. Of course, Stefan saved me. I would have been fine on my own, but I let him be the hero.” Damon shrugged. "I have to go, your mother's coming." He said, and before I could ask how he knew, he was gone, and my mother was knocking on my door. I quickly wiped my eyes, smoothed my hair and clothes and sat down on my pink and purple bedspread, pulling my laptop on my lap.
  "Yeah, come in mom." I made all traces of being scared or sad vanish from my voice in an instant.
  "Hey honey... I feel like we don't have a connection anymore, not like we used to at least. Did you need to talk about anything?" I wondered when my mom would ask me about something like this. I needed to talk to her about everything. I needed my mom now more than ever, but I couldn’t do anything about it. She couldn’t help me in the long run.
  "No mom, I'm alright." I told her, feeling bad, she instantly looked disappointing, and hurt.
  "Oh, are you sure?" She asked.
  "Positive mom, I'm fine, really." I insisted.
  "Alright then, if you're sure..." You could hear the hurt in her voice. I wanted to tell her all about it. About Damon, and Khalid, about how scared I was. About how I didn’t think it would be okay. But I couldn’t. She wouldn’t understand. She would act like she did, but if she didn’t it wouldn’t help me any. Not to mention she would probably think I was clinically insane.
  "I love you mom." I said as she was about to walk out. I gave her a halfhearted smile. She was feeling neglected as a mother, it didn’t take a genius to figure that out.
  "I love you to baby." She smiled. I could tell that made her feel better. With that, she left, and a dark figure appeared in my doorway. The breath was taken from me.