Watching

I'm feeling really happy about uploading lately. Maybe it's to fast? More votes and comments would be really really awesome!!!!

Kaylee

~~~~~*~~~~~

  I stormed up our stairs in a huff. My mind was spinning. What did I do? Why am I angry about this, it was your first kiss, and you’re angry? I thought to myself. Not to mention the kiss was with the most gorgeous guy ever.
  "Aera?" My mom called to me from the living room.
  "Yeah, mom, I'm home." I shut the apartment door behind me.
  "Okay, I was just checking that it was you, and not some creepy murderer." She chuckled.
  "Nope, just me. I'm going to go to my room and practice my skit." I walked through the halls to my room. I glanced up at the painting of a renaissance girl picking up a flower. She seemed like she didn’t have a care in the world. I wished I was her. 
  "Ok." My mother called back to me.
  I walked into my room, grateful for its comfort and familiarity. White walls, covered with posters and drawings. It was me, reflected on my walls.
  I put my bag down on my desk, and flung myself onto my bed. I was lying there, thinking about what had happened. It all seemed so...surreal. It definitely happened though; there was no doubt about that. I could still feel his lips on mine as they crashed down with such feverish hunger.
  I sat up on my bed, and crawled to my window on the other side of it. From it, I could see a perfect view of the Salvatore house. This was one of those times I wished I had a pair of binoculars. I felt kind of like a stalker, but no more than he should. He knew basically everything about me, and he's only been here for a week.

  I crawled out my window, and sat on the roof that was below me. I needed to think. I hugged my legs. This wasn't really as depressing, as it was...strange. This was definitely strange. He kissed my hand when he met me, takes me home, purposely keeps my stuff -at least I think it was purposely- knows almost everything about me, kissed my hand goodbye, then goes and kisses me! Clouds rolled in and it was starting to snow. Everything looked so calm outside. Despite the gloomy dark cloud hanging over it all.
  Why I was still freaking out about this was way beyond me, I needed to get over myself. I crawled back in my house, shut my window and started practicing my skit.
  About an hour or so later, my mother called me for dinner. I quickly walked to the kitchen to get some food.
  "What did you need when you went over that boys house today?" She asked, giving me a stern look.
  "First of all mom, he has a name, Damon Salvatore, and I already told you, I just had to get my prop bag. That's all. Nothing more, nothing less." I informed her as I was scooping mashed potatoes on my plate.
  "Mmhmm. Why do I not believe you?" She asked in an annoying snooping-mom tone.
  "Because mom, you’re paranoid, that's why." I giggled at her. She should have known me better than to assume that I was off with every guy.
  "Eat your dinner." I sat down at the table and stared at my food for a moment before consuming it.
  We ate in silence after that. When the phone rang though, we both jumped. I quickly got up and answered it. It was my drama coach.
  "Hello, Aera?" an elderly woman’s voice came from the other side of the line.
  "Yes, this is she." I replied back.
  "It's Ms. Alber, I called to say that the meet is canceled. I'm really sorry; the roads are closed due to severe snow."
  "OK, thank you so much for telling me, have a good weekend." I said back.
 "You to."
  Click
  "Who was that?" my mother asked me. She looked up from her book that she was reading at the table.
  "Ms. Alber, she said the meet tomorrow is canceled due to severe snow. Oh well, at least I get to sleep in, I was not looking forward to getting up at 4 in the morning. " I gave a sigh of relief.
  "I wasn't looking forward to that either." my mom laughed.
  The night when on as usual after that. I was hanging out in my room at around 10 that night, reading. My phone rang, the caller ID said Kenzie, I quickly answered.
  "What happened?" she asked in an urgent voice.
  "What are you talking about, Kenz?" I pretended not to know what she was referring to. It seemed that everyone in my life was much to nosy.
  "I saw you leave with Damon." She nudged for me to tell  her more.
  "Oh. That. Nothing happened. He took me home and that was it." I refused to play her games and didn’t tell her more than what she would ask.
  "What happened after you got home?" She questioned in an accusing voice
  "Well I left my stuff in his car on accident. I had to go up to his house and get it." I was telling the truth still.
  "And...?" she probed.
  "I got it, and then left." I was a terrible liar. Just thinking about what I was lying about made me giggle to myself.
  "Why do I feel like your leaving something out, what happened between the getting of the said bag, and leaving."
  "Ummm.... Oh I met his brother..." I replied cheerfully. I looked at the posters. There was no way I could avoid not telling her. She knew how to get at me.
  "Please, continue." She nudged for me to go on.
  "And, Damon kissed me." I told her nonchalantly. 
  "Like, on the hand?" she was getting more excited as the conversation continued.
  "No, it was a little more intense than that." I was blushing all over this time.
  "What happened? Tell me every detail!"
I told her what happened, in detail. I felt better after telling her, like I wasn't keeping secrets anymore.
  "Don't tell anyone, ok?" I made her swear.
  "Sure, I promise. I'm telling Sara, that's it."
  "Alright, but tell her not to tell anyone, got it?"
  "Yeah, bye!"
  Click
  By Monday, I was cured of my strange feelings, thankfully.

I was about to be late for school, so I quickly dressed in my pink t-shirt, jeans, my 'He loves me' converse, my flower headband, princess necklace, and my 'Dare to be Different' bracelet. I put on some make-up, and ran out of the house to the bus stop across from my house. I had gotten there just in time; the bus had just shown up. I briskly walked to the back of the bus, and sat in my usual seat, turned up my iPod to block out the annoying little kids on my bus, and off we went.
  We arrived at the high school, and I got off with my friends that the bus had picked up along the way. Ashley and I had walked into the high school, then she went right, and I went left. I walked by all the kids sitting in the library, who weren't particularly my friends, and they started whispering. I hate small schools, things get around so quickly. I went to my locker and put my math book up.
  "Aera!" I saw Sara shout at me.
  "Hi, Sara." I said, not as hyper as her. She looked down at me to talk.
  "Kenzie told me, I can't believe it!!" she said as she grabbed my arms.
  "Yeah, it was pretty hard for me to grasp onto at first to." Although the memory certainly not unpleasant, I still didn’t want to think about it.
  "So, are you dating?" she inquired. A giant grin spread across her face.
  "No, after it happened, I quickly left. That's all that happened. Please tell me you didn't tell anyone." I begged her. I looked around at everyone talking amongst themselves.
  "Nope, I didn't, I told my mom, but that was it." She did have to think about it, making me wonder. I knew that Sara would never betray me though.
  "Why'd you tell your mom?" I giggled at her.
  "I had to tell someone!" she exclaimed to me.
  Then, thankfully, Kenzie walked up.
  "Guys!" She exclaimed. "I just saw the other Salvatore brother! Aera, he is gorgeous, like Damon is, but you know, different."
  "Yeah, I know. Hey listen, Kenz, you didn't tell anyone else but Sara, right?" I raised my eyebrow in question.
  "Right. Why? Did you hear something?" she whispered to me.
  "No, I just feel like everyone knows." I was being paranoid again.
  "You kissed, so what? It's not that bad." Sara said.
  "I know, I'm just paranoid, I guess." I had to admit it.
  "Aera, I have to go to my gym locker, come with me." I walked with her past the library-or as I would like to call it, the walk of shame- through the hall, where we came to the high school lobby.
  There, standing in all his beautiful, arrogant glory, was Damon Salvatore. I started to turn around, but Mackenzie grabbed my arm.
  "Told you I could bring her." she said, acting quite smugly.
  "Remind me to never trust you again." I murmured to her.
I quickly turned my attention to the other Salvatore brother.
  "Hi, you must be Stefan, it's nice to meet you properly, I'm Aera." I said with a smile on my face, and I extended my hand.
He shook my hand. “Nice to meet you as well."
  "Have you gotten your class schedule?" I asked him politely.
  "Yes, I have actually, would you mind showing me where these classes are?"
  "Sure, no problem. Follow me." I felt like Peter Pan taking the Darling children to Neverland saying that.
  I took his schedule, examining his teachers and classes as I lead him to the academic wing of the school. I showed him all the classrooms, and where they were.
  "Your fourth class, we actually have together. It's home ec., just with a fancier name." We walked around some more, and I showed him his first period class. "This is where you'll be, in about two minutes."
  "Thank you very much." His smile was warm and inviting. It was nothing like Damon’s seductive predator-like one.
  "It's no problem." I smiled back at him.
  "Hey, listen, I'm really sorry about my brother on Friday. I saw what happened between you two. The way he acted was inexcusable, you should be careful of him, you could get hurt." His voice and face were equally serious.
  "Thanks for warning me. You don't need to apologize for him though; hopefully he'll do that himself."
  Then the bell rang, and I ran to class.
  School was pretty normal, except every once and a while, I would get the occasional glance or whisper. I really wanted to know what kinds of rumors were being told. My curiosity grew and grew, until I just couldn't stand it anymore, I had to ask someone before I burst.

~~~~~*~~~~~

So... comment, vote, rate. The usual. That would be cool. I don't think I'll put up the last chapter until I get at least 3 more votes. I hope that's not to unreasonable :) thank you!!